Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on building a tower

Hey All,

I'm looking for any information on how to build a tower. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards
    Bill

Sure....

What class is it for? How trick do you want it? What kind of machine tools / welding equipment do you have access to?

Michael D-1

Comment

Tower

We are having 10 Parker style towers built with a co-pilot and drilled for the four cylinder Mercs. Both stud spacing. Machine shop has sent the parts out for welding. Expect them to have them ready by the end of the month. I will post a photo if you like.

Alan

Comment

Alan are you going to make it so you can bolt on Konny & Yamato gearfoots. Would be interested if so.
        Art K

Comment

Machined Components

Originally posted by BillCNC View Post
          Hey All,

I'm looking for any information on how to build a tower. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards
          Bill
          Bill,

Save yourself years of trial and error and lots of money. Lee at Machined Comp makes the nicest tower on the water. He has been building billet anodized towers for 20 years as has it all figured out. His towers are specific built in Canby Oregon by a racer. He has the latest CNC Haas Mills and Lathes. Any motor, any gearcase, he has the numbers. Lee's towers are a bargain for the time he has invested.
          Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Towers

Hi Art,
            The adaptor plate will allow any foot to be mounted. I am setting up 3 with a Yamato hatchet.

Alan

Comment

Hey guy's

Thanks for the responses. I know there are a few out there that already make them such as Lee, but I'm looking for the challenge. Even if it doesn't work out as I hope, it's still an educational journey that seems worth taking. Besides, I'm sure there are some folks out there that would like to understand what goes into making a tower and why besides me.

I am a model maker/prototype builder so I have the skill, just lacking the "Do's" and "Don'ts" end of it. I have access to all the tools required for the job so no issues there.

I bought the Wetback from Dave Hale (halestorm) and it has a 25HP Mariner for it. I took it out on labor day along with my spartan and had a ball. The prop sits way down there and I'd like to make a tower for it that raises the prop up some, well a lot actually. I don't mind skipping the water pump as I can just run a pick-up tube because it's not for racing or anything like that. Basically, ... it's pretty much just an educational experience and a spare time killer.

Regards
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Team 222R View Post
                Bill,

Save yourself years of trial and error and lots of money. Lee at Machined Comp makes the nicest tower on the water. He has been building billet anodized towers for 20 years as has it all figured out. His towers are specific built in Canby Oregon by a racer. He has the latest CNC Haas Mills and Lathes. Any motor, any gearcase, he has the numbers. Lee's towers are a bargain for the time he has invested.
                I have seen them on his site and other pictures. If they are anything like the hardware I have bought from him, ... they sure are worth drooling over.

Regards
                Bill

Comment

Tower photos

This is the tower I am having reproduced.

Alan
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sweet, ... what the thickness of the material, ... plate and tubing wall?

Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X