Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Selection

Hey All,

I have been building with Philippine Mahogany lately, but the source (Weber Plywood in Tustin) has dried up saying that the importation of that wood has been axed.

In SoCal, ... I'm finding that the wood selection here is, .. well almost non existent.

Where are you guy's in SoCal buy your wood and what kind is it?

Regards
    Bill

Sorensen woodcraft. Check the Region 11 websie. Boatracingr11.com.
    It appears China has been making the Okumme plywood and it is junk.
    bill b

Comment

Thanks Bill, ...

But I'm looking for something in the SoCal region. That way I can pick through the lumber myself and drive it home that day.

Regards
      Bill

Comment

Cannot help you then
        bill b

Comment

Bill,

There is a possibility, not sure yet, but I might be driving up that way to pick up a 2 boat trailer IF the price is right. If so, I might be able to stop of at Sorensen's but i really would like to find something here in SoCal.

In any case, ... I do appreciate your suggestion.

Regards
          Bill

Comment

Hi: Try Allied Veneer in Los Angeles, phone 1 800 540 7040. They may only be a wholesaller, but can tell you where to buy okume they handle.

Comment

Allied in LA is where I bought mine. Had it delivered to local woodshop here that had a forklift. Then I picked it up from them. Allied sold straight to me.

Comment

Thanks Guy's, ...

I'll give them a call tomorrow or just drop by. Turns out, their only 17 miles from my work.

Thanks again guys,

Bill

Comment

Hey all,

Allied Veneer has been bought out by Forest Plywood a couple years back. They have almost everything I need, ... Whoo-Hoo!

Also they are not in Los Angeles anymore, ... they are located in La Mirada. Here is the info in case you guys want to update your contacts,

Address: 14711 Artesia Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638
                  Phone:(310) 675-1200

Thanks Again Guys.

Bill
                  Last edited by BillCNC; 08-13-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X