Cmod Yamato questions.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmod Yamato questions.......

has anyone mounted a Cmod Yamato 102 powerhead on a Bayer 4cyl Merc type tower? If so, what needs to be done for the conversion? Or, does anyone have a mod tower setup for sale to work with the Y102? I was hoping to find something that has basically the same height as a Bayer tower.......
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

C Mod cov.

Lee Teitze @ Machined Comp in canby Or. Builds a Bad Ass. tower and whole conv. for either 102 or 302 give him a call @503-263-2508.Really Good guy and very reasonable for top notch equip. Good luck, regards MarkdaShark Darnielle fan, grew up there in G.P.

Comment

Originally posted by markdashark
      Lee Teitze @ Machined Comp in canby Or. Builds a Bad Ass. tower and whole conv. for either 102 or 302 give him a call @503-263-2508.Really Good guy and very reasonable for top notch equip. Good luck, regards MarkdaShark Darnielle fan, grew up there in G.P.

Mark, I do know Lee and about his tower (I will get one for my Dmod), but it is too short for the application I am thinking of and do not want to cut the transom of that boat anymore. Sounds like you need a Darneille!!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Daren,

Yes, you can do what you want to do. Just use an adapter plate. I don't remember who made them for the 102 mod class, but you may be able to find a used one from someone that runs 102 mod in AOF or 25 mod in NBRA. Ask Art or Keith Kampen or Dudley Malone. Kevin McAfee ran a 102 mod for a while. Larry may have made the adapter plate for that motor so you can try him also.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6
          Daren,

Yes, you can do what you want to do. Just use an adapter plate. I don't remember who made them for the 102 mod class, but you may be able to find a used one from someone that runs 102 mod in AOF or 25 mod in NBRA. Ask Art or Keith Kampen or Dudley Malone. Kevin McAfee ran a 102 mod for a while. Larry may have made the adapter plate for that motor so you can try him also.

thanks David, that is the info I need, thanks. I will contact them.

PS: I have not put the C Merc on the backburner......it will still run again this season.
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

tower

john robarge 7-S in michigan is making towers that are goller/parker style for the 2 cyl stuff ... not sure what he charges you might need to have your own clamp bracks not sure... there real nice..
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X