Tohatsu sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu sleeves

Has anybody had a Tohatsu block sleeved? If so where? Were the results satisfactory? How much?
    Art K

Sleeves

Have not had it done....but asked about it before season started. I think I was qouted 600 bucks for the whole thing....not 100% sure about that. The sleeves have the ports already cut into them.....Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
      Has anybody had a Tohatsu block sleeved? If so where? Were the results satisfactory? How much?
      Art K

yep, have had it done..................Alex sells the sleeves (standard or oversized OD available) at the best price I could find...........no difference in performance I have noticed......
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Still need to know, is this something I should try to tackle or would it be best to farm it out? Can anybody recommend someone?
        Art

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
          Still need to know, is this something I should try to tackle or would it be best to farm it out? Can anybody recommend someone?
          Art
          it can be a little tricky...............if the motor was a fishing powerhead donor, the original sleeve may need to be bored out, versus the heat method. Usually any good outboard machinist can do it, but I highly recommend Steve Benson, but he is in Olympia, Wa....
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Art:

Check your PM's

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X