Marathoners - Chine Fin Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathoners - Chine Fin Placement

Any advice on the best placement for chine fins on a CSR? Oh, and please don't answer on the chine.

What kind of boat? What kind of chine (double or single)? How does the boat turn currently? Does it wanna spin out? Does it fall off the chin and wanna slide? How does turn in tight corners verses big arcs? All these questions play a factor on where to place a fin, if you even want a fin in the first place. My DeSilva doesn't have a fin anywhere... verses my ropp that has 3 fins.

Comment

Hal, I had a left chine fin on my 25XS marathon boat (Austin) at about the throttle and it caused me some trouble turning right. It was not a roll up boat. Possibly you're talking about a small chine fin near the transom. As Pearson said, more info is needed. Jack

Comment

I am currently running with two bottom fins (splitting the bottom into thirds). I'm finding that I spin out in some of the tighter turns. It is a double chine. I thought I would move to one bottom fin in the center and add small fins near the transom on the right and left chine. It turns fine on the bigger arc turns, this is more for the turns in Crooked River.

Comment

Working...
        X