race methanol vs Industrial Grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play power mist for me.

In the early to mid 80's, Bill Fales sent us an assortment of 20+ different 5 gallon cans of methanol fuel to run fuel tests on the Quincy dyno. I'm hoping his sons kept the extensive documentation, because Bill had one combination that consistently produced 4 to 6% more horsepower than any other fuel.

Special note: this was methanol without nitro.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was power mist with some combination of additive.

Also worth mentioning, the fuel performed flawlessly with extensive high rpm runs. In other words, the cylinder bore, piston, ring, wrist pin and bearings maintained an as new appearance with many hours of testing.

I wish now that I would have personally saved that documentation so that I would know specifically what it was, but Bill paid us to do the tests, so it really was his proprietary information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Comment

If I remember correctly, Benzene was one of the additives Bill used is some of his blends. All of his fuels were good. I also remember the purple dye which you knew was his fuel.

Comment

I think so Too

Originally posted by Bob Rusnak View Post
        If I remember correctly, Benzene was one of the additives Bill used is some of his blends. All of his fuels were good. I also remember the purple dye which you knew was his fuel.
        I believe you are right Bob, and currently it is a banned substance if memory serves.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I also remember written on a can or two "Benny". This represented Benzene if you did not know. Different fuels for different motors at the race sites.

Comment

Working...
          X