b konig 1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b konig 1975

i have this b konig 1975 lower unit both come with 12:15 and 1:1 ratio.anyone know what is the performance different btwn this two ratio.im running it on a tunnel boat.hope someone will give me some idea. thanks.

Its a hard question to answer because if using the same prop the obviuos is 1:1 should be faster & 12:15 should accelerate better. Thing is you probably wouldn't. The prop variables being many, more pitch & or dia could be run on the 12:15 & there'd be more choices that would work. On a 1:1 to be there would leave less choice & a need for 1 or 2good props. Race course spec's would also count so best would be to have both.
    Team Tower

Comment

ratio

thanks for the reply. guess 12:15 suitable for short and 1:1 good for long course.

Comment

I have run Konig gearcases under a number of different motors: Konig, Quincy, MSR Kawasaki, Mac-Mineralli, Mercury and OMC. And my question for the 1975 unit would be what is the cubic inch displacement and approximate horsepower do you intend to use it under?

Comment

1975 b konig lower

im using it under yamaha 25hp 2 cylinder on a tunnel hull. engine is bone stone. 5 to 8 round medium course. any idea?

Comment

Your motor will not tear up the gears. I don't think gear ratio is very important. Getting the right propeller is. 12:15 is more forgiving.

Comment

Working...
            X