Goodbye Yamato hello Daiwoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Yamato hello Daiwoo

• December 17 - The latest issue of "World of Powerboats" (www.worldofpowerboats.com) includes an article on stadium racing in South Korea. When setting-up the racing the promoters found it impossible to obtain new motors and boats from Japan so they manufactured their own versions. The clone Yamato outboards are built by Daiwoo but are 402cc / 39hp.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Couldn't find the article. Can you find a better link?

Comment

Maybe we can email Mike Ward and get more info. The quote was posted by him on his Yamato UK site.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

With all the controversy over getting the Bass/Tohatsu approved, (which is very sad in my opinion) I doubt we will ever see these in the US.

Sattler
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

The quote:

With all the controversy over getting the Bass/Tohatsu approved, (which is very sad in my opinion) I doubt we will ever see these in the US.
          Sad, indeed:

Technology never goes away...much like the nuclear proliferation, or IBM-based computer operating systems...regardless of how much you don't like 'em...they become fact.

Tohatsu has been OK'd by NBRA, and if Daiwoo has motors out there (with 6 more horsepower), sooner or later someone will bring them to the U.S. -- the pressure will mount and ultimately the technology will be present.

This stuff doesn't go away just because folks get comfortable with what they race.

Dan
          O-49

Comment

Originally posted by dcrummett
            Tohatsu has been OK'd by NBRA,
            Dan
            O-49
            I should have made my post more clear. The Tohatsu is a legal motor in NBRA, and I think it's in the process or IN with AOF as well. My comment was referring to all the d stock talk lately regarding the APBA classes.

Mike
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP
            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

hshawwpba

Mike the real problem is until the stock commission takes off their Murcury underware they can not vote for anything other than Murcury engines for D stock. If they dared vote for anything else the underware self distructs and takes vital parts with it! Those that have any vital parts that is!

Comment

I clicked on the link Dan left but have been unable to find the article. Am I missing something.
                Joe Silvestri
                CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                JH/JR

Comment

Working...
                X