Y 102 water plug washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y 102 water plug washer

Haven't asked Ric or Tom yet, but is there a plumbing/auto washer that fits the water inlet bolt in the top of the tower?
    I have some gasket material, and can make one this afternoon, but I'm lazy, and wouldn't mind some spares anyway.
    Mark 55P
    Team Tower
    Hydroplane Division

Just tap the existing hole for a normal pipe thread plug and solve the metric issue once and for all.

Comment

Although I was just looking for a washer, that is a great idea. Next time I have the power head off, I will tap it out larger. Make it much easier to get a good flow with a larger inlet.
      I did finally make a washer out of some fiber gasket material I had on hand.
      Mark 55P
      Team Tower
      Hydroplane Division

Comment

Also, when I wad putting the motor back together last week, came accross a small stainless part in my magnito pile. Had me stumped where it fit. Checked the manual, it is a "earth plate", and just bolts to the outside of the aluminum cap at plug wire exit. What does it do?

The plug wire replacement went very well by the way. Scary, but easy. If you want to see how bad your 20+ year old 102 wires are, start it at night (ask PJ).
        Mark 55P
        Team Tower
        Hydroplane Division

Comment

The earth plate was used for grounding out the spark plug wires while turning over the motor with the spark plugs not installed. For example; drying out a wet motor. If you no longer have the original spark plug wire ends the earth plate is of no use.

1/4" pipe thread is a great alternative for replacing the OEM metric plug.
          Last edited by ricmontoya; 08-19-2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ric. Good point grounding the wires while pulling through. I will make some dummy plugs with clips for that.
            And before everyone goes out tonight to start their 102 and see the light show the wires make, warn your neighbors (I found out the hard way). If you have a fuel pump, don't be too scared when the arc goes toward it.
            Mark 55P
            Team Tower
            Hydroplane Division

Comment

Working...
            X