working a 25xs over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working a 25xs over

I need some input on a 25xs build. my motor guy has never worked with that particular motor and I was wondering what all is done to a 25xs to freshen one up. I have no exsperince with a chrome bore motor .I got the motor used and have mot run it yet and would like to just go thru it some this winter so any help would be great thanks mike

hshawwpba

Call John Myers 425 485 6139, he is pretty good at these engines and overhauled many.

Comment

rework a 25

Hello,

New bearings and seals and rings. Check the bores and pistons as per the manuals to be perfectly correct. If not and if there is any chrome flaked or damage junk the block and start fresh. if I notice hot spots or lean streaks I would find another block if it was mine. I usually go through a few sets of rings trying to get the best set to seat and seal. I do a few other things inside. I re-reing mine twice a year. I put new reeds in mine once a year as well.

I use felbond 1104 to seal the crankcase to the block. It is avaialble at any motorcycle shop.

Regards,
      Dave Scott
      Aim Marine Inc.
      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
      Ottawa, Canada
      http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Working...
      X