what mini boat do i have???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what mini boat do i have???

Ok i've had this thing for 25+ years and I dont know what it is or what it's worth. I have never had it in the water or had an engine on it, just trying to gather some info on it. It's 8' long single seater and is fiberglass with a bronze painted bottom. I'm not sure how big of and engine it can handle? any info would be great on it

Thanks
    -Dave

Pics:

the bronze bottom kinda hard to see

Mini from the past

I remember similar boats in the late 60's . Seems a 9.8 was the motor of chioce, with a light kid driving speeds got near 30 . I also remember they would not turn, we put a ski fin in the center of one of these and a Mark 25 on it . It probibly was not faster than 35 but it was scary for a 6 th grader!! Have fun.

Comment

GW invader ?

I went back in my picture files and had a picture of this boat and it was listed as a GW invader 8'. Looks like your boat though. Same paint job. Picture was taken on 07.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tomtall; 01-24-2011, 07:43 PM.
      Tom L.

Comment

yeah thats mine i tried getting info on it then but i didn't really get a definate answer now i wanna get rid of it and wanna know what i have so i know what to list it for...i dont wanna screw anyone over and i dont want to screwed on it

-Dave

Comment

I had one too.It was built in michigan by a company called Kay boats.Had a ball with mine.
          Bob

Comment

The smallest GW invader was 10ft.Mine had a tag on it Kay boats.
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X