where can i find a boat like this one please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i find a boat like this one please help

I want a hydroplane like these lay down semi enclosed cockpit hydro's where can I find one for sale? please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqp9x...=21&playnext=4
    Last edited by hydroplane junky; 01-09-2011, 06:40 PM.

Where are you located? I have one for sale for $500.

Comment

overseas in Europe. They are designed for rough water and beach starts
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

propfxrO84 hey I am interested in the boat for 500 send me a -pm- please with some pics if possible
        Last edited by hydroplane junky; 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

European OSY-400 Hulls

Kala and GSM (Italy) both make great OSY hulls. The Kala boat building team now has a live broadcast website link that you can access via a post hot-link in the "What's happening in Europe?" Forum on this website. Some very competitive O-125 hydro hulls, like the composite Trombetta (Italy/Germany), can also be used in the OSY-400 class. Some years, "one-off" boat designs beat all of the other competitors in Europe. The Europeans have a weight limit and the US APBA OSY-400 class does not have a weight limit -- many Euro hulls (as Mike said) are made heavier than their US counterparts to run in rough river water conditions (they may be a disadvantage over here if you weigh more than 140 pounds with racing gear on.) Ask around before you buy a hull to get an idea of used & new hull costs and weights for a boat made to match your body weight and length (for a laydown like in some of the photos.) Note that most competitive drivers in UIM OSY-400 races ride back further in the cockpit than the next classes of UIM laydown hydros (O-125, O-250, etc.); if you are over 5 ft 8 in in stature you may need a longer interior to find the center of gravity sweet spot (where the hull flies across the water evenly or "prop rides") and corners well (you can't lean out with your left elbow on the sponson deck in a laydown.)

I was very lucky to buy a used Mostes O-250 at the UIM/APBA F-250 World's Cup in Florida in 2008; shipping a boat from Europe is very expensive and requires some innovative packing techniques.

Some US boat builders (Tom Cronk, Gary Pugh, Mike at HydroRacer, etc.) can build you a similar laydown style hull to fit your body mass and setup requirements and you can still be competitive over here in OSY-400. There are always lots of entries in the class regional races and usually full fields at the PRO Nationals each year. Go to the USTS Forum on this website and look at Diane M's "retirement sale" O-175 laydown hydro to see some pictures of Tom Cronk's excellent hydro hull work.

Hope this information helps you consider various criteria to find what you want. I raced OSY-400 for 13 years in APBA. Eventually I became too heavy and less gutsy to be very competitive in the class.

Al Peffley
          O-125/O-250
          Excalibur Racing USA
          Last edited by Al Peffley; 02-05-2011, 12:08 AM. Reason: Added reference to USTS forum thread

Comment

Working...
          X