Y80 spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y80 spark plugs

If converting Y80 from 18 mm to 14mm plug thread using a plug thread adapter what NGK (or other) plugs will be applicable? I presently use 18 mm NGK A9N.

Thanks
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

NGK B10ES, B10EV, B10EG or equivalent.

Comment

y80 plugs

Originally posted by ricmontoya View Post
      NGK B10ES, B10EV, B10EG or equivalent.
      Ric

The engine is used as a stock y80, are these plugs for stock or mod?

Thanks
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Stock, When you use a spark plug reducer there is a small amount of heat transfer that is lost, so reducing the heat range of the spark plug is a good idea.

Comment

spark plug

Originally posted by ricmontoya View Post
          Stock, When you use a spark plug reducer there is a small amount of heat transfer that is lost, so reducing the heat range of the spark plug is a good idea.
          Ric

A question that I just became aware of. The plugs you note are 3/4" reach and the original NGK A9N plugs are 1/2" reach and a spacer is used that makes the reach about 0.4" to be flush with the inside of the combustion chamber. Will the extra reach into the combustion chamber be a concern with exposed thread or should a spacer be used to reduce the reach?

What about NGK R8102-9 or -10 racing series plugs that I believe are 18mm and 16mm (.63") reach so no real exposed thread issue if the Y80 spacer is used? I see these being talked about for the Y80, 102 and the 302.

Thanks
          Last edited by ZUL8TR; 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM. Reason: correct plug #

Comment

The spark plug reducers we use also changes the plug reach. R8102 plug work great if you can find some.

Comment

Working...
            X