Silencers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Me know..

Let em know what you find out from Montoya. I ran into a dead end with Sam, he no longer has the drawings, and does not know who got them.

I will keep trying to find information on these.

On the decibel readings, law here in MI allows us to race under sanction any noise level we want. The problem lies within the locals that don't like the noise, go complain the local sherrif, who tells the DNR to not give out the permit next year because folks complained about the noise.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

"LOUD" ??

Dave;
      -we are facing the same noise issues at some of our sites in Ontario,
      in fact that was part of the reason we did not run at Sydenham this year, although we will in 2005, but without poppers and 44mods.
      You must have noticed the 'closed pipe' that Ross Webster runs [sucessfully]
      on his 15ci HotRod. This appears to be a megaphone, with closed off end, and a few stinger pipes. Is this the LeBlanco pipe??
      Also, back in the early '60s, when the first Konigs were coming in, they were all deflector tops [I have a B and C here]. The ones that ran as 'alkys'
      came with "cans" on the exhaust, not pipes or megs, and some I seen run in Quebec/NY ran better with the OEM 'can' than the megaphones.
      [expansion chambers came later with the flat tops]
      These 'cans; were about a gallon in size, welded onto the ends of individual pipes about 8" or so long. A short 'stinger' pipe let the exhaust out, and it seemed to me cooling water was piped into the can.
      I keep thinking a properly dimensioned system of this sort could be retro fitted to the exhaust stubs on a 44, and likely only affect the top end a bit[?]
      It would be good to try some thing like this on a OMC 22", as they do 'thunder' a bit much. The shape of the can I do not think matters, its volume would be dependant on the displacement;
      -the length of the stubs is related to rpm and exhaust timing,
      and the stinger size and length could easily be determined running with a test wheel. It would be good to start with some basic numbers derived
      from a formula, [snowmobiles ?] Some one also said that Craig Dewald
      had [does?] run one on a OMC 22.
      But in the mean while, thankfully no noise regs at Waterford.
      Brian Hendrick, #66 F
      "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
      X