check this one out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post

Heliarc---any progress with that Merc-A-Alky motor?.....would be cool to test (heck-RACE it!!) it at Lock Haven!

19P
    After some additional serious thought, I have decided to abandon that project. I couldn't find a usable 20H flywheel (for any amount of money) and recently have swapped the alky Carter N for something else that I can make better use of. I plan on eBaying the rest of the Quincy A stuff this winter. Currently, I am working on a Merc 25ss.

Comment

count me in with vintage racing

bob,

count me in on the vintage race. i'm restoring 3 quincy c loopers and want to run them. THESE AREN"T GONNA COLLECT DUST. i have an a looper and just found a boat from that period. 2 of the c loopers were stored in a barn since '67.

frank

Comment

I think the Top o club will let the KG4s run in the marathon.I was their a few years ago and their was three KG4s in with the omc As.It was cool to see the old iron on the historic race course.
        Bob

Comment

Item number: 190139236988 on Ebay... Nice 20H
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

APBA too

Originally posted by kws View Post
            it is my understanding that you can .... at an NBRA race
            Kevin,

the old engines can run at a sanctioned APBA race under the Stock Classic category. All you have to do is list it on the sanction application.

Bill
            Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

I have a merc hurricane that is sitting my garage. About 1950-1953 vintage. My dad who has past away used to race these motors . up magic

Comment

1941 Merc

I have a question. I have in my possesion a 1941 Mercury outboard motor, I think around 5-8 HP, 2 cylinders. It's apart in pieces, but in a big box at my house. I was curious if anyone could tell me what it might be worth if I got it together and got it running (it was last cranked and ran in 1973). Would anyone have any idea? Thanks.

Chris Johnson
                111-Z

Comment

Originally posted by roperz111 View Post
                  I have a question. I have in my possesion a 1941 Mercury outboard motor, I think around 5-8 HP, 2 cylinders. It's apart in pieces, but in a big box at my house. I was curious if anyone could tell me what it might be worth if I got it together and got it running (it was last cranked and ran in 1973). Would anyone have any idea? Thanks.

Chris Johnson
                  111-Z
                  If it's in really nice condition it might bring a couple of hundred or so. It is either 5.8 or 6 HP. See oldmercs.com for model information and parts availability. I have a decent 1947 3.2 which is a single cylinder version of what you have that I got for just over a $100 a few years ago including shipping. Most fishing Mercs don't bring too much but the racing models are going out of sight. A nice KG7 will bring decent $'s however.
                  kk

Comment

This is a super hurricane. 10 horse

Comment

Old merc

Krazy Karl,

Thank you!!! That is a great website. Looking at the photos, I think mine is a KB-5 model. I'll check it out when I get home tonight. I really want to get this motor back together and running. Hopefully I can get parts for it from this site as well. Thanks again bud!

Chris Johnson
                      111-Z

Comment

Originally posted by up magic View Post
                        This is a super hurricane. 10 horse
                        These motors, KG7's, were rated at 10 HP but actually produced about 16, blowing away the competitions 10 horse motors. Other Mercs were similarly rated creating quite a reputation for the brand.
                        kk

Comment

Working...
                        X