• check this one out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercu...QQcmdZViewItem

Dang she is a beauty. I need that!
    Shelly (MossyRose96w)
    Girly Myspace Layouts
    Girly Myspace Layouts

Comment

Mk 20H sale price?

I missed the close of this auction so I never saw what it finally sold for ? Anybody on HR know? Mike Marshall ,Raceboat 61-S

Comment

The final price at the end of the auction was $3,803.00 but the reserve was not met.
        Austin Duggan, 78M

Comment

Man, that is unbelievable that the reserve was not met!
          Jake

Comment

I have to laugh these guys think those old motors are worth 5-7 thousand.They can keep em.I paid $120.00 for a race ready KG4 in 1995.Mabey i can put it on ebay and retire
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeroub View Post
              Man, that is unbelievable that the reserve was not met!
              No kidding!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Roflmbo hey i will give you 125 for it

Comment

Sad thing is that there are collectors out there willing to pay those kind of prices and then guys that are going to race them won't pay that much so another piece of racing machinery goes into someone's "museum" and never is seen on the water again
                  David Everhart S52
                  David Everhart S52
                  Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Is that such a bad thing? They're not competitive, unless you're possibly cottage racing, they're noisy and they pollute the water. Maybe someone is going to put it on a vintage boat they have restored. If it weren't for the collectors and restorers of vintage material, the passion for the sport (any sport) would die. And let's face it, the collectors of these old race motors are the people who raced with them or against them. We're all collectors to some degree. Lighten up.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcrazy View Post
                      Is that such a bad thing? They're not competitive, unless you're possibly cottage racing, they're noisy and they pollute the water. Maybe someone is going to put it on a vintage boat they have restored. If it weren't for the collectors and restorers of vintage material, the passion for the sport (any sport) would die. And let's face it, the collectors of these old race motors are the people who raced with them or against them. We're all collectors to some degree. Lighten up.
                      As a member of both APBA and AMOCI I'm sorry to say that most of your suggestion is not accurate. I will grant you the fact that a converted 20H is noisy, but this is a non converted 20H. Just how does a 20H pollute the water more than a Hot Rod burning twice as much oil? How much louder than a 25xs is it? Of the AOMCI members who own 20H's very few of them own a boat suitable to run them on. Most end up as sawhorse queens at best. Next I will take issue with your suggestion that most collectors are former racers. I also do not find this to be the case. Former spectators, possibly yes, racers ... no. As far as antiquing supporting racing; I don't see that either. The two hobbies have evolved to be so different and apart from each other that they might as well be on different planets. Almost no racers go to antique meets and almost no collectors go to races. The number of racers who collect old retired racing outboards would fit on one or two single spaced pages.

In general, I think Dave is right.

Comment

I Can't Speak For The Guys With The Smaller Antique Race Engines But There Are Quite A Few Old Racers That Have Been Collecting This Stuff And Are Putting Boats Together To Run Them On. I Speak Of Motors Like The Inline 6 Mercs, V4 Omc's, And Chrysler Stackers. In The Next Several Years I Think You Should See Quite A Few Of Them Surface. I Would Rather See The Old Stuff Out Running Than In A Collection Or Museum But I Guess The Collecters Are The Guys That Will Probably Have Their Motors Still When We All Break Ours And Have No Parts To Repair Them.

Comment

You former OPC racers fall into a separate category ... if you go to an AOMCI event you are usually treated as an outsider ... your stuff is not new, but it might as well be to them. I see more of you guys with motors on boats and using them and almost none of you trying to buy/collect motors still allowed in racing ... but you guys represent an even smaller group ... probably a few dozen at most. (But some of the coolest stuff just the same!)

Comment

The bottom line: if all the KG7H, 20H and 30H motors disappeared it wouldn't affect APBA racing a bit. Same goes for the Martins, ChrisCraft and vintage Hot Rod motors and any other vintage racing motor out there. Yamato has taken over it seems. So what's the problem? I run my stuff and have all the motors listed above plus a 55H which you might be able to make an argument against since I'm hoarding a nice "D" case. I also have a boat for each of these engines so I guess I'm one of the few that collects and goes to the races. And, bye the way, every collector I know has had one of these engines in his life at some point in time. Why else would you want one? Do us a favor and bring back a serious competitive class to do some vintage racing. That would be great and a big boost to the sport in my opinion. Only then will I see your side of this debate. Jeff

Comment

Boatcrazy and others,
                              At this years 2007 Mod Nationals there were 15 entries in the A Mod Runabout class. ALL of them (including 6 Mark 20H's) were "antique" including the Hot Rods. It was a great turnout and there was some fine racing. 3 of the Mark 20H's were quite competitive. Joe Silvestri brought out an engine that he hadn't raced for more than 15 years and finished 2nd in one of his elimination heats but unfortunately jumped the gun in the other heat. Shaun Brill was also competitive with his 20H until he broke something electrical and couldn't make the second green flag.
                              There are still a bunch of us guys running Mark 20H's in APBA. As to noise, no 20H compares to the howl of my 22ci Merc in the 25Mod class. Ouch ! But I love em' !
                              You may run what you like but I like my 2-cylinder Mercs. Please don't knock classes just because you don't run them. Collect all that you can afford. The more you own the more valuable mine becomes. Like Jeff Williams says, Bigger, Louder, Faster. Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

Working...
                              X