Merc Mark 55-H lower pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc Mark 55-H lower pan

I am restoring two Mark 55-H engines and one has a cracked lower pan. If anyone has a lower pan they want to sell from a non electric start engine that will be the correct item for a 55-H let me know what you want for it.

Alan

1 55-H mod ported block 30 over ready for hone job and your crank assembly
    pm me if interested
    Randy 23-H
    Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

let me know if you are still looking for the bottom pans,I may have 2.

E-Mail fas3249997@aol.com

Comment

bottom pans ?

i need a 55-H tower hausing if you have 1 please let me know

thanks
        Randy

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

Comment

Randy,

Are you still running stock height towers?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I am running stock height. If you like to see pics of a couple of my engines E mail me.

Comment

no im not i currently have 3 different towers, and running a brinkman h leg
              also have 1 kidwell tower.
              the brinkman and the kidwell are same height from the bottom of the swivel plate to where the lower unit and spacer block bolt up
              and i have a tower that is stock height that jimmy merriman used to own
              and im looking for a merc stock 55-H tower
              i did run stock tower in my dmod back in the mid and late 80's and it was real good set up

Comment

Originally posted by RandY Aveline View Post
                i did run stock tower in my dmod back in the mid and late 80's and it was real good set up
                So did everyone else. Short towers weren't legal back then. Don't know why you want a 55H tower, but can warn you that you should be expecting to pay a bunch of $$$ for one. Collectors have driven up the price of racing parts (especially Mercury stock racing parts) to where most racers can't afford to buy them. I don't know where you can find one....... I don't have one. Try eBay I guess??? Good luck. And don't spend all your money buying a 55H tower. I want to see you at the Nationals!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

i guess it was about 87 or 88 that every 1 started going to the short towers in mod
                  as a poor boy i did not have the money to make the switch and didnt see it as any thing that would give any speed or performance advantage so deemed it as not worth the cost
                  as guys i ran against with short towers were no faster than me

so any way good luck and have fun

Randy

Comment

I have a mint 55 lower pan. Call me and I'll email you some pictures. waintrotter@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X