selling out or trade 4 karting stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling out or trade 4 karting stuff

I have decided to sell all my 2cyl motors and boats and parts and give karting a try.theres so many tracks close to me and I'm not finding the time to make all these long ass hauls to boat races and having to deal with paying fees for 3 different orgnizations if I just hit the closest races and for 2 three lap races!I will keep all my 4 cyl stuff for now and see how many races I can make in the next couple years.this is whats available
    25xs short tower I never raced it just played a little 2500.00
    25xs long tower fresh with no time has old style foot but new style pan, cowl,and later block.this was an AOF motor so I dont think tey cared about the foot but APBA might.hence price 1500.00
    also have a extra 25 xs powerhead complete minus the box 300.00
    B-1 mod motor omc 25 hp on a hot rod long tower with later hot rod foot has a bayer system on it and is a sweet motor its on the bench getting freshend up as we speak. 1600.00
    yamato 80 with lots of spare parts.has 9/16 shaft and fresh seals and bearings in the foot. 1500.00
    2- C stock boats (campissi)both are complete with all hardware but are older boats, but run great,just not that hot looking 500.00ea
    I have a set of med safety gear (kevlars and vest ) and some extra parts and could put togher a package deal for someone for a good deal.I'm not going to sell the parts and safety gear yet untill I see if any one wants a setup.this would be good stuff for a newbie.I can take this stuff to alex or jesup in may.
    any ?s please e-mail or call me at 678-778-1764 this stuff will hit e-bay next I'm ready to move it.thanks mike
    also have a 4 boat trailer thats been stripped down for new plywood and box encloser so its just a frame setup but its heavy duty and ready to finnish its 300.00 an axle and wheels wouldcost that perfect for the DIY guy
    p.s. I will trade for karting stuff or a d-mod runabout

I'm in the atlanta area.
    Last edited by vislaguy; 04-18-2007, 04:19 PM.

What Kart Class

Vislaguy,

What kart class are you looking at... Rotax?

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

rotax

yes that would be one of my first choice's the rotax or tag or shifter maybe a kt100 setup or even a enduro?? theres lots of racing right by me.do you have any??

Comment

Karting...............

Just a short heads up. I left boat racing and was asked to try a shifter kart to see if I would be interested in getting into that form of competition. I had one evening to try it out. I liked it.............was then informed my first race would be the next morning. Arrived suited up at 6:30 am and had a big surprise waiting for me.................A 6 HOUR ENDURO! Three laps would be a breeze in comparison. As much fun as I had and as fast as these shifter carts run, I still had a hard time walkng after it was over. I ran with 33 drivers and ended up 3rd over all. NONE of the boat racing technics translated except for "If you aren't first over the finish line, you didn't win". Remember this...........lean OUT on turns to keep the wheels that are providing the push to stay on the ground. I didn't figure this out until half way through the race when I mentioned it to one of the pit guys that I was leaning INTO the turns like we used to do in the hydros. I might have done better if I knew this from the outset. Go figure......

Comment

no thanks

6 hours ?? no thanks I'll stick to the sprints my back could not handle a 6hr race.thanks for the info though.

Comment

Can you post pictures

Comment

Kart Class

Vislaguy,

I have a CRG chassis with a Honda 200 4-cycle engine. Here in the northwest there is a separate class for this engine, Honda 200. It is the Honda industrial engine that is used for every industrial application you can think of. The engine sells for $400 or so (cheaper) on line, brand new. The governor is removed, gravity tank removed, fuel pump added, different jet and stiffer valve springs. For a total cost of about $600. Honda has made millions of these engines.

This is a great class, because it is inexpensive, so lots of racers. Total brand
              new kart chassis and motor from a local kart dealer, turn key, $3500. You can
              get in for $2000 if you buy used equipment.

Also, this is a "Spec" class, so no blueprinting...... also, it is a claiming class
              so anyone can buy your motor for the going price of the dealer.

Two of my best friends who are former boat racers are also running this class.

Send me an e-mail if you want to communicate.

Keep in touch and best regards,

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

CRG Kart Chassis

Hey Deano ... what CRG chassis is favored for the Honda 200's ... what speeds are the Honda 200's reaching?
                Untethered from reality!

Comment

I have a 125cc Shifter kart which I have never run. I bought it used a couple of years ago.
                  HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
                    Hey Deano ... what CRG chassis is favored for the Honda 200's ... what speeds are the Honda 200's reaching?
                    Neal check this out, 1100cc !!

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=e2b6ee8b-be2e-41dd-bc3b-166a7eadac3a" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
                    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Kart Chassis

Neal,

A CRG Cali chassis works well for the Honda 4 Stroke 200.

Their speed is in the 50's, depending on the course length. Getting through the turns smooth and fast is the big thing in karting. Come to think of it, it's the same for boat racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Deano
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

shifter

hey dan would you be interested in trading your shifter for motors ???that class is very big down here.I would like to run it and rotax. let me know thanks mike

Comment

bump

stuff still available call for info make offers or package deals?????mike 678-778-1764

Comment

Good stuff

Good stuff Dan, Most F1 drivers come from GoKarts. Does the name Shumacher ring a bell? His Daddy owns a Kart track.
                            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

And on the other end!!!

And on the other hand , Danny Lososki AKA "The Dude" owns a kart track within bike riding distance. I get in free being a senior, if i didn't like boat racing so much, oh well maybe time for a change. Thought provoking.
                              RichardKCMo
                              Originally posted by PopPop View Post
                              Good stuff Dan, Most F1 drivers come from GoKarts. Does the name Shumacher ring a bell? His Daddy owns a Kart track.
                              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Working...
                              X