I'll trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll trade

Having retired from racing and now with my wife becoming disabled, I've decided to see if some one would be willing to do a trade with me. I have my last 15 Hot Rod at Carl Starons place. Carl was going to do a rebuild on it for me. But with the situation as it is now I'd like to trade it for a decent fishing motor, 5 to 10 HP. It wouldn't need to be new, just dependable and hopefully OK for use in some salt water. I'd prefer an OMC but would take a Merc. I think the Hot Rod is disassembled at this time.
    If anybody is interested get in touch with either Carl or myself. Carl has more info than I do. His # is (863) 699-9701.
    Art Crawford 30F
    Panama City Fl.

Steve

I think the 15 might be way too much for my little boat to handle. It's only 9' 4" long. Actually not rated for 10 HP, but it would be OK with reasonable throttle control. I am concerned with weight but you can talk to Carl about it. I trust him to deal for me. If he thinks the weight would be OK, what the heck. 15 would move it if bad weather threatened.
    Art Crawford 30F
    Panama City Fl.

Comment

merc 10hp

I have a merc 10 hp with tiller thats in perfect condition if the other does not work for you.I got the little A hydro from you a few years back we met in ga remember??? thanks mike

Comment

I have a omc 9.9 tear drop cowl Like new condition. Not run since new points, coils and water pump. Also have a merc 9.9 in good condition. Let me know and i will send pictures. Is the Hotrod a complete motor? I have a 12' alum boat and the 9.9 motors are a little slow for me so I came across a OMC 15 and bought it. much better on the 12'. BTW these motors never have been is salt water.
        bill b

Comment

What I'm really hoping for is someone who will be coming to one of the Fl. races so we wouldn't have shipping to contend with. Honestly, at this point in time I can't afford to pay for shipping and packing a motor. My wife had to quit working for medical reasons. Until her disability goes through, We will be living on my pension checks, not a heck of a lot.

I have the Hot Rod at Carls place. He got me back in the sport and has always been my motor man. I asked him to try and find a trade for me and I decided to put an add on HydroRacer to get the word out. Any questions about condition of the motor, he'd have to answer. Also he knows what is in the motor, parts and such, because he built it for me. It was always a good fast engine for me, and very reliable.

I'm hoping that someone coming to Fl. to race could pick up the HR and leave the fishing motor at Carls. Then I could get it when I got down there. I trust Carl to make the trade for me. Thank's for the interest and I hope something good happens. I'll tell you, it hurt's knowing my racing days are really over.
          Art Crawford 30F
          Panama City Fl.

Comment

Thanks to everyone

I want to thank everyone for the interest in trading. It would be best I think to deal through Carl. I would hate to make a deal with someone and then find out that that he had promised someone else the deal. I don't want to disapoint anyone or cause any confusion or hard feelings.

Honestly if I trade, I want you to know exactly what you will be getting. I'd hate to have someone expect something and then not get it. I don't want anyone to remember me in the pits as the guy that screwed so and so on a motor. I always raced cleanly and I want to deal with my fellow racers the same way.
            Art Crawford 30F
            Panama City Fl.

Comment

bump to top.
              Art Crawford 30F
              Panama City Fl.

Comment

BENTROD
                I tried and tried to call Carl no answer or call back Is the motor gone?

Comment

I haven't heard from Carl. He can be hard to get. As far as I know the motor is still available. I'll try to contact him tomorrow. I'd like to know myself.
                  Art Crawford 30F
                  Panama City Fl.

Comment

I still haven't heard from Carl, haven't been able to contact him. Still hopeing to get something done.
                    Art Crawford 30F
                    Panama City Fl.

Comment

I still want it ! I hope everything is ok with Carl

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be faster and simpler to drive 8 hours or so and talk to Carl in person than get him on the phone. He ain't too good about returning my calls sometimes. Ya gotta love him tho.
                        Art Crawford 30F
                        Panama City Fl.

Comment

Still trying, no Carl.
                          Art Crawford 30F
                          Panama City Fl.

Comment

Working...
                          X