Looking For A Mercury 15 Cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For A Mercury 15 Cowling

Our Cowling Was Damaged At The End Of The Season And We Are Looking For A Replacement. It doesn't have To Be New, But Our Old One Can't Be Used Anymore. If Anyone Has One That They Want To Part With, Please Let Us Know. Thanks, Jim
    Last edited by Jim Sweeney; 03-14-2007, 03:55 PM.

Jim: Look on ebay. They have them every once in a while. If you don't know how to do this, assign the task to your kids. I'm sure they can get you a good deal. Ed.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Jim - ebay Auction

Hey jim,

Here is a link to a 15 cowl on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...QQcmdZViewItem

Regards,
      Dave Scott
      Aim Marine Inc.
      613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
      Ottawa, Canada
      http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
      DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Here ia another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCU...QQcmdZViewItem

Mark
        Mark
        G-11
        125H
        When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
        Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Hi Jim, I have an 8hp just like the one crankbearing showed a link to on eBay, but it's an older style though. Don't know if it would be legal.

Rick Hannon recommended going down to Midnight Marine between 2:00-2:30am and they have lots, just sittin' around on engines. If your lucky you could get one with pole holders attached

Comment

Thanks

Thanks For The Input, The Legal Cowling For The 15 Is After 1999 I Think. Correct Me If I"m Wrong. If I Get Real Desperate Maybe I Can Visit One Of The Midnight Variety. Just Kidding , We Ohioans Are Too Honest For That. Thanks For Looking Though. Jim

Comment

The top cowl is the same from 1987 on just buy the late decals about 30.00 from Mercury or get fancy and paint it Metalic Silver and buy the newest Mariner decals.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                The top cowl is the same from 1987 on just buy the late decals about 30.00 from Mercury or get fancy and paint it Metalic Silver and buy the newest Mariner decals.

It's a different shape. Would it be legal?

Comment

The 9.8/15 hood does have a different shape which looks like the first one that is posted on ebay. No the diferent shape hood isnt leagal. Might be 1989 and newer are all the same.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

I've got an extra, servicable cowling. Not perfect but is plenty good for a race boat. Pay for shipping and its less stuff behind a motor rack.

Comment

Call Me

We Dont Mind If Its A Little Banged Up. Call Me When You Get A Chance. 740 363 4694 Thanks, Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X