wanted : carb needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted : carb needles

I Need 4 Carb. Adj. Needles For The Ka Carbs. Perferably The Long Taper Ones....thanks, Kevin Nichols 18-f .............

Try Phil McDaniels. He installed needles in two sets of carbs for me in the last year. A set of KB2A's and a set of 7/8" KC carbs. (I'm going to take one more shot at staying in my C hydro. ) He probably has the stuff for KA carbs also.

Dudley Malone is the only other possibility that I can think of unless someone from here has them.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Needles are cheap and plentiful... source is stock Mk 30 and Mk 55 AJ series carbs. These are long taper, stepped down dia., the right packing gland and nut. Even the knob is usable. Make sure you pick ones with no groove worn in the taper! The harder part is the seat. Those can be remachined from fixed jets, as follows:

Make a fixture out a piece of round stock to fit in a lathe chuck, face it, center drill, tap 8-32 with a small countersink to the edge, and screw the jet in. Turn the jet while moving the tool in slowly with the tailstock chuck. Cut a taper in the jet with a 'countersink' style Dremel cutter, then drill the orifice. OEM is .084". Lube the jet and tool and 'break' the corners on the final size drill so it reams and doesn't leave a swirl cut.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X