Wanted: safety equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: safety equipment

I am getting back into racing and need all of the safety equipment, preferably used but in excellent condition. Medium size full face helmet, medium stock outboard life jacket, spectra vest (medium) and pants (medium waist but short length), cut-resistant gloves. Please email me with photos and prices.
    Thanks.
    Hunt Leavitt
    huntleavitt@bellsouth.net

Originally posted by Hunt Leavitt View Post
    I am getting back into racing and need all of the safety equipment, preferably used but in excellent condition. Medium size full face helmet, medium stock outboard life jacket, spectra vest (medium) and pants (medium waist but short length), cut-resistant gloves. Please email me with photos and prices.
    Thanks.
    Hunt Leavitt

Yeah buddy! try Dave Scott he has my gear from 2004 which would fit you just right and was only worn once or twice like brand new condition.

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8819
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Life Jacket

Hunt,

My uncle bought your jacket a couple years back. He won't be racing anymore and has no need for the jacket, give him a call.
      It has your name on it....literally.

He's got sleeves and new pants too.

Deane Forshey 740.374.4008

-Nate

Comment

Thanks.
        Hunt Leavitt
        Hunt, I still have the (2) 102 props I bought from you a couple years ago. They did not work out to well for me (well actually, not well with the boat I tried them on, but worked really well for a couple other guys with different boats), so, if interested, they could be for sale.......
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

safety gear

Dan's stuff is still up for grabs if you like,

As far as I know it is the suit, jacket and a helmet.

Regards,
          Dave Scott
          Aim Marine Inc.
          613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
          Ottawa, Canada
          http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
          DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

1/2 way there

I purchased my old life jacket and kevlar sleeves back from Deane Forsey....still has my name in it. I still need pants (34" waist and maybe 30" length) and a full-face helmet. What is the general opinion on Spectra Pants vs. Kevlar pants? What about kevlar socks?

Comment

Honestly, I haven't been able to tell that there's much difference between Spectra and Kevlar. I bought a new Spectra suit hoping that I didn't dislike it as much as I dislike Kevlar (was hoping that it was more comfortable, flexible, less bulky, etc.) but I don't like either one of them. (And I don't like being forced to wear the stuff ).

Contact Patrick Gleason. He can give you any information you desire and get you fixed up with a Spectra or a Kevlar cut suit. Every time that I've dealt with him he has been GREAT to deal with and very helpful. There's no doubt that you're dealing with a real boat racer when you deal with Patrick (very helpful).

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Spectra vs. Kevlar

David, is Patrick Gleason the guy at SRP? Thanks.

Comment

Hunt, great news to have you back, you'll be a great asset to Region 4. What are you planning to run and have you got any boats annd motors yet? CSH, I would imagine.

Comment

Hunt,

Here's a link to Patrick Gleason's site: http://www.gleasonracing.com/

I don't know who you talk to if you call SRP. I just e-mail Patrick when I need something and he takes care of everything. He's on the front page of HydroRacer.net.

David

p.s. As Bob said - Great to have you back!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Srp

wait till you guys see the new cutsleeves SRP has under developement! When they are made available and approved, I will buy them ASAP, as they are real comfortable and not all bulky like any of the current stuff.......almost like wearing a sweater.....
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

That would be me

David, is Patrick Gleason the guy at SRP? Thanks.
                        Hi Hunt,

Patrick here. I have been a factory rep for 14 years for SRP. In October I joined the company doing all sales for them. Although it's considered an outside sales role, I'm in the shop a lot and frequently answer the phone there, make runs to various suppliers, and so forth. In short, I traded in my high-paying, no-fun job in the software industry for a low-paying, totally fun job where I get to work with racing stuff all day.

I've got your email address from your previous email to me, so I'll shoot you a detailed spiel on the differences between the Spectra and Kevlar pants.

As for the "New" material cut suits that Daren mentioned, I'll be talking about that to the various racing commissions at the National Meeting later this month, along with some other exciting news from SRP.

Thanks,

Patrick
                        R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Originally posted by crankbearing View Post
                          Dan's stuff is still up for grabs if you like,

As far as I know it is the suit, jacket and a helmet.

Regards,
                          Dave, what brand is the helmet, what size is it, is it a full-face with flip down shield, and how much? Thanks.
                          Hunt

Comment

Working...
                          X