Wanted: 20H parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 20H parts

Wanted: Carter Model N carburetor for Mercury Mark 20H in good usable (and unmodified) condition with complete 20H choke assembly, Tillotson KA7A carburetor for Mercury Mark 20H in good usable (and unmodified) condition with complete 20H choke assembly. Also wanted is a 20H flywheel, starter ratchet (nut) & ratchet washer in good usable and unmodified condition. Pics would be helpful.

Thank you,

Barry Rees
    Green Lane, PA
    Email: brmisc@fastermac.net

ggod luck!!!

Originally posted by Heliarc View Post
    Wanted: Carter Model N carburetor for Mercury Mark 20H in good usable (and unmodified) condition with complete 20H choke assembly, Tillotson KA7A carburetor for Mercury Mark 20H in good usable (and unmodified) condition with complete 20H choke assembly. Also wanted is a 20H flywheel, starter ratchet (nut) & ratchet washer in good usable and unmodified condition. Pics would be helpful.

Thank you,

Barry Rees
    Green Lane, PA
    Email: brmisc@fastermac.net
    the KA7A and flywheel are the most desired parts out there for the 20H (besides the block) ...............expect to pay ALOT!!!
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I am aware of prices of the day. That's why I would like to build a powerhead from Mark 25 parts. However, if I have to pay $250-300 for a KA7A and $500 or so for the flywheel, for example, I'll just stick to the green tank stuff. No problem. Green tanks are fine. While I would like a 20H, I don't -need- one.

Barry Rees

Comment

20H parts..........

Barry, contact Richard Duncan. He is a member on this site and may be able to help you. He has quite a bit of the old Mercury stuff.
        DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Tyndall View Post
          Barry, contact Richard Duncan. He is a member on this site and may be able to help you. He has quite a bit of the old Mercury stuff.
          Thanks, Dick. I have talked to Dick D. recently about some 20H and other engine stuff. I haven't asked him about a flywheel though. I'll have to do that. Thanks for the post.

Barry

Comment

Do you have a casting number? I have some stuff that was part of a buy-out a long time ago that I kept around, and don't have a clue what it fits.
            Steve
            106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
              Do you have a casting number? I have some stuff that was part of a buy-out a long time ago that I kept around, and don't have a clue what it fits.
              Hi. I don't have a casting number. However, the part number for the 20H flywheel is 398-156.

BR

Comment

20-H flywheel

I have a few mark 25 flywheels and was wondering if anyone has machined them to the mark 25 size. Seems like there is plenty of meet on the flywheel to machine and balance the flywheel.

Comment

Mark 25 Parts

I just happen to find a complete Mark 25 (minus the tiller arm and the handle for the rope start) in the Mojave Desert in So. Cal. Heck, it's even on an old boat with hardware & trailer. This thing has been sitting a while, do you think that there are some parts you could use? This is an old fishing motor. Make me an offer and I'll go get it.

Oh yea...I may be able to deliver it to the Winter Nationals in Bakersfield, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                    I have a few mark 25 flywheels and was wondering if anyone has machined them to the mark 25 size. Seems like there is plenty of meet on the flywheel to machine and balance the flywheel.
                    the 20H flywheel is forged, the 25 is cast and NOT a good candidate for modifying for higher RPM use.......
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post

here is a 20H flywheel..........

and the KA5A is a good candidate for the replacement of the KA7A.....
                      Attached Files
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Ka7a

When I was cleaning out Benny. I found my spare KA7A carb that i had as a backup. We never put chocks on them just used your thumb or a rag. I might be willing to part with it?

Comment

fly wheel

i had some ''a'' merc flywheels ..and got a machinest re-cut the taper to a 20-h specs it's the same thing same thickness the key-way in a ''a'' flywheel is cut extra deep so when you re-taper it , you don't have to cut the key-way...did you guys know this...interesting.......lots of cloned parts for the 20-h ...

Comment

Working...
                          X