Ebay 20H...........just sold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay 20H...........just sold...

holy chit batman! I guess I was WAY wrong when saying the price of 20H's leveled off!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9942716&rd=1,1

PS: although this one has to be an exception, due to the originality?
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Holy sh-- ! thats a down payment on a house !
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
      Holy sh-- ! thats a down payment on a house !

maybe in Mexico!!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Yeah no kidding in my area one bedroom condo's sell for $500,000 and up!
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Yeah no kidding in my area one bedroom condo's sell for $500,000 and up!
          that is one of the reasons I left S.Cal..........
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

About the $4,905 20H.... Anyone else take a close look at the serial number plate?

Barry Rees

Comment

The suspense is killing me ...

C'mon Barry ... My eyes aren't what they used to be. What are we supposed to be looking for?
              Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
                C'mon Barry ... My eyes aren't what they used to be. What are we supposed to be looking for?
                I'm not biting on that. I just asked a question. A little food for thought.

Barry Rees

Comment

Oh, and just to be clear, my eyes are not what they used to be either. (And the pics were not that great imo.) But I had no problem picking up on the serial # plate. That's why I didn't bid.

Barry Rees

Comment

Hmmm ...

...Still looking ... image2 is Ebay motor ... image1 not the Ebay motor ...
                    Attached Files
                    Untethered from reality!

Comment

...Still looking ... image2 is Ebay motor ... image1 not the Ebay motor ...
                      If you can't see it, I can't help you. It's as plain as day. And at this point I am sorry to have posted my original comment. I'm not looking for a fight. It was just a comment and I guess I should have kept thoughts to myself.

This conversation is over as far as I am concerned.
                      Barry Rees

Comment

I'll bite.........

Originally posted by Heliarc View Post
                        I'm not biting on that. I just asked a question. A little food for thought.

Barry Rees

since you are refering to the ID tag, I am sure you are not talking about it being bent, but maybe its visual statement? There are 2 different type of 20H ID tags, one is smaller than the other and does not wrap down as far on the swivel assy, the other being more like the stock MK15/20/25's. I am sure Neal is just asking a simple question, as it might be overlooked by the rest of us, so no need to be upset.....
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heliarc View Post
                          If you can't see it, I can't help you. It's as plain as day.
                          Barry Rees
                          Hey ... I'm just curious ... it may be plain as day to some folks just not to me. What's the big deal? Why the big mystery? I'm an idiot and don't see what you are talking about (not that any of this really matters in the grand scheme of things) so why not just tell us what you see that others don't ... Geez!
                          Untethered from reality!

Comment

Hey ... I'm just curious ... it may be plain as day to some folks just not to me. What's the big deal? Why the big mystery? I'm an idiot and don't see what you are talking about (not that any of this really matters in the grand scheme of things) so why not just tell us what you see that others don't ... Geez!
                            eBay 20H clamp.JPG

This why I don't post to boards very often. There is no eye contact. No tone of voice. No facial expression to see. No voice to hear, etc. And things get misunderstood in a hurry - sometimes on both sides. I need to be more careful how I word messages.

In another clamp bracket pic from the auction shown above, it appears that there is some damage to the bottom rivets, especially on the left side. Perhaps there is an imperfection in the digital pic. If not, why would the serial number plate be tampered with on an engine that had so little use? I just had a bad feeling about bidding on this 20H. Two of us had asked for additional pictures and the seller was willing to post them, but couldn't because he already had used the max of 12. With what appeared to be going on with the serial # plate and not seeing better closeup pics (I like to see that part# on the sandcast crankcase, for example), red flags went up and didn't feel comfortable bidding on it. All that being said, I believe that the seller believed that he had what he said he had. But I didn't. Keep in mind that he was not the original owner. And there is a lot of time between 1954-56 and 1977. And $5,000? That's a lot of money - at least for me. If that engine could somehow be certified, one could say that it is worth the money, but certification is not easily done from a few eBay pics and a description

That's my 2 cents. I didn't want to get into all that for fear of offending someone. Seems like I did anyway. If so, I apologize.

Best wishes,

BR
                            Last edited by Heliarc; 01-08-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Great response Barry ...

Thanks for the straight-up answer ... trust me in that no offense was taken by me at least at any point just sincere curiousity about an engine (20H) that I happen to think is one of the all-time classic stock outboard racing engines that has literally led to many debates (on this website and others) about what is or is not the demise of outboard racing ... why things aren't the way they were in the past ... blah, blah, blah ... what are we going to do about new engines etc. you know the rest ...

Thanks again Barry
                              Untethered from reality!

Comment

Working...
                              X