X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRP Announces New Gloves for Outboard Racing

SRP Announces New Gloves for Outboard Racing
    At last, a cut resistant glove for boat racers

ISSAQUAH, WA: Security Race Products announced today the latest in their line of cut-resistant safety gear for outboard boat racing, cut resistant racing gloves. The gloves will be available for shipping in November 2006.

These gloves are woven of a combination of Kevlar, Spectra, Stainless Steel Fiber and Lycra, offering maximum cut resistant protection combined with a stretchiness and dexterity to allow unmatched comfort. The fabric used is a bulkier weave than the SRP Safety Socks for extra thickness, and the palm area and inside of the finger tips feature a bonded gripping surface to allow sure-handed traction.

The gloves are available in Three sizes, Small (ideal for youth drivers and individuals with smaller hands), Medium and Large for larger handed drivers. If desired, a D-Ring can be added on to the left glove for easy kill switch leads for an additional charge.

Price for the Cut Resistant Racing Gloves is $80 per pair for the basic gloves; and $90 per pair with one D-Ring added to the left hand.

To order, contact Gleason Racing at www.gleasonracing.com or email Patrick@gleasonracing.com

###

R-19
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sponsonhead; 06-27-2007, 12:42 AM.
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

gloves

the d ring is awesome. Can we get a similar glove with the finger tips bare and a leather palm to grip steering wheels with no coatings?????? I currently have a pair of sailing gloves. I can attest to the fact that a glove can come handy.......pardon the punn.......

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n
      the d ring is awesome. Can we get a similar glove with the finger tips bare and a leather palm to grip steering wheels with no coatings?????? I currently have a pair of sailing gloves. I can attest to the fact that a glove can come handy.......pardon the punn.......
      Hi Scott,

We experimented with open fingertips in the prototypes and in the end settled to go ahead and include the full fingertips for better protection. I suppose you could take a Spiderco Knife (what the rescue teams use) and cut the fingertips off if you wanted to (NOTE TO USER: Remove glove from hand before doing this )

The gripping stuff on the inside I think is superior to leather palms for grip (we were trying to come up with a name for this stuff today---it kinda looks like "Booger Glue"). Also, to add the leather palms would probably at least double the cost, and we hope we can get these in (and on) as many racer's hands as possible.

Thanks,

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Thanks Pat, my order will be in shortly. Thanks for working your rear end off to help the safety of the sport!

Burdick

Comment

I use leather weight lifters fingerless gloves over my kevlar gloves to hold them in place. Works well!

Comment

Jack,

More info please on the gloves you put over these would be greatly appreciated and I think very helpful to others.

Thanks Pat! Great news. I currently have an older version (2001 I believe) of the SRP gloves. Do you know what the difference is compared to these new gloves?

Jer Brew
            Last edited by Brew56; 10-19-2006, 06:40 AM.
            www.trora.com

Comment

In the early 90s . . .

when kevlar safty gear began to filter in to racing, I suited my son up before the rule went into effect. I noticed that the hands were an obvious oversight in protection and used "glass gloves" that windshield and window installers use to protect their paws. Kevlar with blue dots of something on the gripping surface to provide traction. No stainless wire or Spectra like these upscale gloves have for added protection, but those cheap (about $7/pr) glass gloves saved our paws from damage many times. Excellent pit gloves for doing skid fin and propeller installations.

Next on the list for super protection - SOCKS! Knee high socks.
              carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by reed28n
                are they the beer gloves you were wearing last weekend?
                "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson

Next on the list for super protection - SOCKS! Knee high socks.
                  Hi Bill,

We've had socks made out of the same material for almost 2 years now. Not quite knee-high, but definitely mid-calf.

R-19
                  Attached Files
                  www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Bigger and Better

Originally posted by Brew56
                    Jack,

Do you know what the difference is compared to these new gloves?

Jer Brew
                    The old gloves did not have Spectra or Stainless Steel in them and were a much lighter weight (thinner fabric) glove than these new ones. And the disti kept bumping up the price of them. This is a superior product to the old one, and at a competitive price.

R-19
                    www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Any way to get the gloves without the green booger stuff on them?
                      Brian 10s

Comment

Standard Equipment.

Originally posted by Brian10s
                        Any way to get the gloves without the green booger stuff on them?
                        Nope, but the Booger Glue isn't green this time, it's clear (making the name even more apropos), so you can't even see it unless you've got the glove on.

R-19
                        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

socks

Hi Patrick,

are the spectra socks in stock yet?

Bill III
                          Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Booger glue,,,good name!

Pat,
                            I have used the gloves since '01 with the green 'booger' glue on them and they were great.
                            Actually they were 90.00 back then.. I was shocked at the price until my younger and smarter little brother Jerry looked at me and said, "heck, that's only $9.00 a finger"!!!!!!

This year at our first race I noticed that the booger glue had become sticky. Not sure why, but possibly from gas????
                            Later that day I went into the first turn and for a moment needed to let off the throttle to miss a guy doing something funny...Guess what happened then????

Yep, I could not release the throttle........

Havent used them since and am glad to see the new ones for sale since I need them.
                            Obviously, I am afraid of the sticky booger glue excitement in the first turn.
                            (25ssh provides plenty of excitement for me at this time)

Any suggestions Pat? Can you ask the manufacturer if there is a way to remove the glue? Thanks for your hard work in keeping us safe.
                            http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

The fingerless weight lifters gloves that I use are from a local sporting goods store and they are Ocelot and Keys brands. They are (Ocelot brand )brown leather with black spandex and a long velcro wrist wrap. The Keys brand is kind of a natural suede (kind of yellow) without the velcro wrist band. I prefer the Ocelot because of the wrist band.

I did have the gloves catch in the overlap portion of the throttle when squeezed and had the s*** scared out of me going into the first turn but have since put a spacer in the throttle grip that precludes the pinching tendancy.

I love my gloves and have worn them since Bill Braux got his hand mangled at Wakefield. I have fairly small to medium hand and use a large outer glove over the kevlar. My gloves are DuPont but do not have the metal mesh.

Try it, you'll like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X