40 cubic in Merc powerhead for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 cubic in Merc powerhead for sale

I bought this from Jason Diamond but haven't done anything with it. Don't know anything about the internals of it. Still closed up (no pipes). No ignition. Has carbs and small flywheel/crankplate. $350 shipped.

EDIT: Here are a couple of pictures. NOTE: Tower is NOT included. Powerhead only.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David_L6; 11-06-2008, 08:22 AM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

mod 40?

David , is this a mod powerhead or just a plain stock motor?
    Richard
    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Richard, I don't know for sure what the motor is like on the inside, but I think that it is stock. I bought it to run D mod, but have decided not to (getting a Super E together is taking all the money I can scrape up!).
      Last edited by David_L6; 02-26-2006, 12:18 PM.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

More Info.

To the best of my knowledge the power head was a stocker. We used it for a back up when I was running FER. It was always a first pull starter when we had a 24V ignition on it.

Jason Diamond

Comment

Still for sale......

Comment

Where Are You Located Thanks Paul Looking For A Present For Dad

Comment

Mooringsport, Louisiana.

Last edited by David_L6; 11-09-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Steve,

The top oil / grease vent hole is stripped out and needs to be tapped to a slightly larger size.

Are you sure that you want to try a 1:1 on an A mod?
                Last edited by David_L6; 11-09-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Could I Have Your Mailing Address I Will Feel Dad Out On This Tomorrow And Let You Know Thanks Paul Oh What Are We Doing He Thinks That He Can Run This In An Antique 48 Hydro He Said They Once Did Then Changed The Rules

Comment

Originally posted by PAUL PRICE View Post
                    Could I Have Your Mailing Address I Will Feel Dad Out On This Tomorrow And Let You Know Thanks Paul Oh What Are We Doing He Thinks That He Can Run This In An Antique 48 Hydro He Said They Once Did Then Changed The Rules
                    I just PM'd my address to you.

Comment

put check in the mail today 11/7/08 should take maybe three days tues. or wend thanks gp and paul ps it will work

Comment

Working...
                      X