C-service runabout rig for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-service runabout rig for sale

13' 3" bubble-deck De Silva KR runabout purchased new in 1980 by Karl Williams and refurbished by me starting in 2019 after acquiring the boat from a fellow in north-central Wisconsin. He is a collector and never raced the boat.

The engine is a 1946-'48 vintage Evinrude Speeditwin acquired from Gord McReady in Brockville, Ontario, who kept it box stock. I set it up for C-Service racing with help from Chick LaRose, who raised and shaped the exhaust ports by the same amount that I thinned the cylinder base gaskets to raise compression. The intake (transfer) ports are still "factory" so that the engine now has greater "overlap" in port timing for higher revs. Substitute gearcase is of the slim 1931 style. The engine has the racing Vacturi carburetor and can run on either gas-and-oil or methanol fuel simply by readjusting the carburetor's high-speed needle valve.

The engine has Karl Williams's electronic ignition.

I completely refurbished the boat in 2019 with fresh paint and varnish and supplying my own E-7 racing number. The boat has a cockpit-mounted pressure-feed fuel tank, or the engine can also run from its own gravity-feed fuel tank ... your choice. I have never had this rig in the water.

The rig includes a hand-held electric starter and a lightweight Northern Tools trailer and a boat cart that needs minor repair. I shall sacrifice the entire business to a driver who merely wants to add fuel and go for $1600, far less than what I have in it.

To get the rig, come to my house in east Virginia 12 miles north of Williamsburg. My house is less than 1-1/2 miles away from Exit 227 of I-64. After getting off at Exit 227 south bound, the exit splits. Take the fork to the right and travel 200 yards to the Shell station. Just before the Shell, turn right onto that road to the right, Old Stage Road. Drive Old Stage 1/2 mile to the 2nd right turn (there are no lefts): Meadow Lake Drive. Travel on Meadow Lake 0.6 miles to my driveway and mailbox on the right, # 2632 on the mailbox. Turn up the gravel drive and you're there.

Call me at 757-566-1928 if interested.
    Last edited by dwhitford; 12-31-2023, 10:04 PM.

-would that one be: 'CSR 97918' ? (bh?)
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

No, Brian, this is a new listing, exactly as described. I can no longer drive and race, and the rig needs a good new home from someone who can race it. I put a big effort into prepping it and regret to see it go without ever getting a ride.

Comment

Working...
      X