1950s D Stock Runabout with Mercury Mk40 for sale, Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950s D Stock Runabout with Mercury Mk40 for sale, Wisconsin

This is my dad's boat, I did a super quick video to show more information, if interested PM me your phone number and I'll give you his number. I have no idea what he wants for it, I know that he wants to sell it tho.

No interest?

Comment

Listed locally, idk where else to put this for sale

Comment

Originally posted by ADDvanced View Post
        Listed locally, idk where else to put this for sale
        Antique Outboard Motor Club Inc. ... AOMCI.org.... also put it on Craigs List. Also try BoatRacingFacts.com.

The boat looks to be a DeSilva... is that correct?
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Either is one or a close copy, not quite sure.

Comment

Can someone give me a ballpark of what price I should be asking for this?

Comment

Originally posted by ADDvanced View Post
              Can someone give me a ballpark of what price I should be asking for this?
              I would guess between $1500 to $3000..... depends on how bad the buyer wants it. Put it up for ‘Best Offer’ or ... $3000 or Best Offer. I would not separate them.... usually the motor is the most desirable part.... if you sell the motor alone you will get stuck with the boat. However, if you can verify it is a real DeSilva that might change things. It could change the overall value. Look for Stamped Numbers and Letters somewhere either on the inside of the transom or on the back part of the bottom or stringers. Most likely on the inside back transom. Good luck.

Check on the AOMCI.org web site and/or do some internet searching.
              Last edited by DeanFHobart; 06-03-2021, 01:44 PM.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I just learned that DeSilva would stamp their serial number and date on the keel center stringer just forward of the last aft frame... so you will need to remove the floor board to see it. Someone here would be able to identify the year etc.
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Ok, I guess it's not a desilva, but a Krier (sp?)

Comment

No, not a Krier either.
                    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

If you can add this to DeSilva site on FB. Also like Dean said BRF as well. There are many sites on FB now that racers are on as well.

Comment

I would be interested in boat to race as c-service. I like big old flat decks

Comment

Working...
                        X