Bezoat Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom,

FYI...The cowl did not look like that.... it was a flatter curve....

I would suggest contacting Craig Bowman... he might have the template pattern.

Cool project.

Best Regards, Dean Hobart............
    Last edited by DeanFHobart; 03-25-2020, 05:16 PM.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Tom get yourself a Dremel Multi-Max saw and use adhesive backed sand paper on the flat blades to sand under frames and along stringers. Oh my just gave away a secret, too bad.

Comment

Already have one of those! Brilliant! Thanks for the tip.
        T

Comment

Note the bent forward portion of the dash above the steering attachment on the Bezoats in the pics I posted. That bent dash lowers the cowl curve and height. Your extended dash is way to high and not what is on the Bezoats.
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Thanks Zul8. You are correct my friend. I will be laying it down a bunch more than it is. that will give it a nice parabolic shape as well. I'll get some more pictures once I do that.
            T

Comment

Tom,
              You are correct about the serial number. That boat is boat #32, finished in September 1973 for Billy Hutchins. He piloted it to National Championships in '74 & '75 in the 25ss class. I have what is left of Bezoats. There are some patterns for that shape, altho it may have changed over the years. If I can help your restoration in any way let me know.

Additionally, if anybody has any Bezoats they would like restored or if anyone is interested in replica Bezoats of any era...contact me. Profits from any major jobs involving Bezoats will be shared with the children of Shannon Bowman.
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• ryan_4z
                ryan_4z commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess the Bill Hutchins in the Bezoats log is their father....anyway...the boat has some good history. Of course, they were all great boats from day one....

• TomSki
                TomSki commented
                Editing a comment
                That makes sense then.

• bh/
                bh/ commented
                Editing a comment
                Ryan; yes , Bill Jr says it was his dad , Bill Hutchins Sr, that ordered the boat for Jeff, 11F
                A good boat, but must have been obsolete very quickly, as pickles were the only way to go by 1980.
                Last edited by bh/; 04-22-2020, 10:15 AM.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!! Funny how things like that happen. Thanks for that info Ryan. It made my day!
              As far as the resto goes, I'm in pretty good shape for now. Unfortunately, the boat was in a collision at some point, leaving a hole in the deck, destroying the cowl and damaging the coaming on the right side. It will never be as good as new, but I am doing my best to give it a proper resurrection. Fortunately there is no rot, which is the only reason I got it. (aside from the fact I love old wood hydros). If there are any photos of the boat from its glory days, that would be helpful. I am still looking for steering and pulleys as well. Period parts would be ideal of course.
              I'll get some more photos posted.

Cheers

Tom

Comment

• ryan_4z
                ryan_4z commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Tom...look forward to seeing your progress!

Jeff Hutchins in what I assume is his A Bezoats . If that is a 'pumper A' then the years would be right .
              A early '70s B prior to refinishing . A D BZ I once owned, working well
              Last edited by bh/; 04-21-2020, 09:29 AM. Reason: sp?
              Brian Hendrick, #66 F
              "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
              X