Looking for plywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for plywood

Going to make an attempt to build a Sorensen runabout this winter from his plans & patterns. Am looking for 3/4" Ply for the transom.
    2 pieces about 20 x 20. Who can help & how much.. Am going to the NBRA-Grove, Ok. race next week-end. Anyone going to Grove
    who can help?? We are leaving Florida Sunday a.m. and headed back to Kansas. Will have my cell phone with me but
    the lap top in the evening. Cell# 620-245-7078.. Email---dviola333@gmail.com. Thanking in advance.

Originally posted by runabout333 View Post
    Going to make an attempt to build a Sorensen runabout this winter from his plans & patterns. Am looking for 3/4" Ply for the transom.
    2 pieces about 20 x 20. Who can help & how much.. Am going to the NBRA-Grove, Ok. race next week-end. Anyone going to Grove
    who can help?? We are leaving Florida Sunday a.m. and headed back to Kansas. Will have my cell phone with me but
    the lap top in the evening. Cell# 620-245-7078.. Email---dviola333@gmail.com. Thanking in advance.
    Look on line for Okume Marine Plywood...you want BS1088...(BS stands for British Standard.) Most places will ship unless you can find a place close to you.

Let us know if you can find anything. We can help more if you can’t find any.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

One of the best Okume suppliers in the Midwest is Homestead Hardwoods in Vickory Ohio. 419-684-5275. They stock both Joubert and Bruynzeel plywood. Their handling and shipping are very good.

Comment

That is great info Larry..... Thanks.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Race boats I have built in the past I used Ocume in 3 and 6 mm for the skins but for the transoms I used exterior AA grade Fir pieces 3/4"x 2 and epoxied 3mm Okume skins to the outsides sides and has lasted well. Such small pieces you need for the transom are available pre-cut llike 24 x 24 etc. at local lumber yards.

If that 2 @ 20 x 20 is all you need pretty expensive to order + ship 4' x 8'x 3/4 Okume and have about a 1/2 sheet left unless you need it? I assume you will skin the boat with 3 mm and 6mm Okume and frames of spruce with 6 mm gussets?
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Laminate your own. Use a combination of 3 mm and 6mm (or whatever you have) to get desired thickness. Nice and strong.

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice.. Respectfully, advice is appreciated.. What I am looking for is to find that person,, with 3/4" plywood, that is going to the
              Grove, Oklahoma race.. This would be beneficial for freight savings.. Also,, The Sorensen plans call out for a laminated transom which I prefer not to do.
              If I can't find what I need by this week-end,, then I will ask for quotes from whoever wants to help me succeed.

Comment

Working...
              X