Mark 55H driveshaft wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 55H driveshaft wanted

Need new or used 55H driveshaft in good raceable condition. Do not want two piece driveshaft with coupling.

Email : helmarc@rochester.rr.com

Marcus Johnson

Aeroliner Boats has reproduction driveshafts... Reasonable for brand new. http://www.aeroliner-boats.com/10.html

Comment

We do not have any more of the 55H drive shafts left for sale and we are not planning on doing any more

Comment

• JohnsOldMercurySite
      JohnsOldMercurySite commented
      Editing a comment
      yikes..... I was counting on you having some new spares!

• A/B Speedliner
      A/B Speedliner commented
      Editing a comment
      The cost to make these was nearly what we sold them for, we made 75 of them 10 years ago and sold our last one in 2018. Today's cost to build is nearly double of what we paid 10 years ago which would mean they will cost a lot more when sold.

Thanks for emails and replies. I have found a driveshaft !

Marcus

Comment

I make driveshafts for the D cases with a 12mm square top. They are $225 ready to install in your case.

Steve Roskowski

Comment

Originally posted by modhydro View Post
        I make driveshafts for the D cases with a 12mm square top. They are $225 ready to install in your case.

Steve Roskowski
        thanks good to know!

Comment

[QUOTE=marcus78n;n470316]..... Do not want two piece driveshaft with coupling.

Marcus ; -have u had an issue with the stub shaft/couplers
          I reluctantly did one for 44" Classic, have not used it so far ,
          but wonder what support the pinion gets ?
          bh/ 66F

Brian Hendrick, #66 F
          "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Thoughts on two piece driveshafts....

Brian brought up the thought of a one piece driveshaft supporting the pinion. If everything was in perfect alignment you could make that argument. I'm willing to bet that the alignment from powerhead to foot is not as good as you would think in most cases. This actually can put an additional side load on bearings. While a coupler isn't to be used as a universal to make up for machining tolerance stack up, it does give a degree of freedom to that rotating assembly that in my opinion is beneficial.

Just one guys opinion.....

Steve

Comment

• Larry M
              Larry M commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with everything you have stated. I think you are better off with a coupler, heck I know one guy that run 2 couplers without a problem, this is what he wanted and was a top runner in AOF years ago.. So I tried it once with a shaft that was too short just to see how it would work and didn't have any problems.
          Working...
          X