LOOKING FOR: Vintage Hydro for Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOKING FOR: Vintage Hydro for Restaurant

A friend of mine is looking for an older hydroplane to hang in his restaurant. Something with a 1950s-1960s vibe to it. Need not be usable condition - something that has busted frames, etc. is okay, as long as it might pass the 10-foot test, .ie it looks pretty good from 10-feet. ;-) Must be located within a few hours of the 1000 Islands region of NYS, or willing to deliver to that radius... (Syracuse, Albany, Rochester, etc.). He already has an old utility lined up and wants to add a hydro. Possibly save something from the burn pile! Thanks!

What's the restaurant? Will have to check it out next time over there.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

• Chinewalker
      Chinewalker commented
      Editing a comment
      Andrew - I ended up selling him a rough old C-hydro I've had for 25 years or so. It'll hopefully be at the Clipper Inn in Clayton this summer! He's going to have a guy clean it up a bit before he hangs it up.
      - Scott

Originally posted by Chinewalker View Post
    A friend of mine is looking for an older hydroplane to hang in his restaurant. Something with a 1950s-1960s vibe to it. Need not be usable condition - something that has busted frames, etc. is okay, as long as it might pass the 10-foot test, .ie it looks pretty good from 10-feet. ;-) Must be located within a few hours of the 1000 Islands region of NYS, or willing to deliver to that radius... (Syracuse, Albany, Rochester, etc.). He already has an old utility lined up and wants to add a hydro. Possibly save something from the burn pile! Thanks!
    Check with the Antique Outboard Motor Club..... AOMCI.... There will be people that can help you. Good Luck with your project. Very cool.... Are you going to hang an old 50's Mercury on it?
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I might have something a little more exciting . a 500 alky hydro with konig engine. Pm me im in finger lakes.

Comment

All set! Ended up selling a rough 1960s C-hydro I've had for going on 25 years and hadn't done anything with. Time to move it along...
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X