WTB A-B Hedlund or Giles Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB A-B Hedlund or Giles Hydro

Hi, I'm looking for an A-B hedlund or Giles hydroplane for display purposes, must be in decent shape with mostly wood exposed, please post up with what you might have with a pic or to, thanks much!

Lots of views of this post and no body's got an old hedlund laying around??. BTT.......

Comment

Originally posted by 25xs seeya! View Post
      Hi, I'm looking for an A-B hedlund or Giles hydroplane for display purposes, must be in decent shape with mostly wood exposed, please post up with what you might have with a pic or to, thanks much!
      Call Bill Walker 904 377 6960..had a Giles at this National !

Comment

Originally posted by 25xs seeya! View Post
        Craigslist Milwaukee WI

Comment

Hudlund here

https://madison.craigslist.org/boa/5716663640.html
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Isn't 10ft kind of long for a B ? I thought they were closer to 9-6.

Comment

The Hedlund sure looks similar to a Hal Kelly Jupiter. Any one know if they were?

Comment

• dwhitford
                dwhitford commented
                Editing a comment
                No, absolutely not!

• pat
                pat commented
                Editing a comment
                I would say that the Hedlund and Jupiter are very close but there are some differences in the tunnel roof between the sponsons and the deck configuration. Both great boats.

I'll add that while lift parameters hold sway, and you get to design just so many boat configs that'll work for the horsepower you have, and the expected speeds you'll go, you can still get unique boat configs. And the Hedlund was one such unique boat config. Remember, the Hedlund was b4 the pickle-fork construction to reduce unnessary frontal lift.

I really wonder now whether we still need to build picklefork hydros. Might we now instead keep the chine angles that work, perhaps shorten (or lengthen) the boats (as necessary), and get rid of the pickel forks? I'm not boat-designer enough to answer this question, but I hope I pique enough interest among real boat builders to get my attention.

Let's take a suggestion from the OPC guys, whose boats turn on a dime. They run deep tunnels. For 40-50 years we Stock, Mod. Alky guys always think that we can't run that deep. But with the higher horsepower nowadays, we can. And with current up-down alky midsections for powering away from a beach start. it's clear that we have horsepower enough for deep starts.

So I recomend that we re-evaluate our entire notion about what boats we can run and stop quibbling about prop-shaft heights, class parity and such other BS and get on with racing BOATS.

Comment

Why did you guys hijack my thread?

Comment

I have a 9'-8" Jupiter in very good condition I would sell. jeg4224@aol.com

Comment

• ZUL8TR
                    ZUL8TR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Joe see PM Pete
                Working...
                X