1983 Mercury 50HP 4 cyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Mercury 50HP 4 cyl

Have an excellent condition 1983 Mercury 4 cyl 50 HP motor with power tilt/trim for sale. Runs like a well oiled singer sewing machine. Fresh water I believe its entire low-time life (Okeechobee, FL). Factory stickers still present everywhere. Dry docked consistently - lower unit extremely clean - drained grease and perfectly clean - replaced with fresh. Starts right up - charging system great, water pump great - ready to go. Located in Melbourne, Fl $4000.00 or best offer. Oh and serial number is:6369064

Ohh - Forgot to mention: Comes with the motor free of charge is a 24 foot open deck pontoon boat with excellent condition 3/4" marine plywood decking -AND- a narrow body jacking trailer. Cable operated with crank, whole trailer will jack itself up or down on an even keel about 2 feet. Makes for dry docking pontoons and hydros very easy with no chance for damage due to dropping, slippage, etc...
    Last edited by jooced; 06-13-2016, 06:11 AM.

Try over at JohnsOldMercurySite.com
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
      Try over at JohnsOldMercurySite.com
      No one over on Johns Old Mercury Site pays $4,000 for a $750 engine... Sorry. That site is for antique & classic Mercury engines.

Comment

• ZUL8TR
        ZUL8TR commented
        Editing a comment
        1983 for $4000 is way too high, If they did they paid too much as Bill notes.
        Now with the engine he adds a pontoon boat and a trailer for the $4k closer to a better deal, he needs to post pics of the extras.
        Last edited by ZUL8TR; 06-13-2016, 07:01 AM. Reason: added what seller recently added today

Originally posted by jooced View Post
      Have an excellent condition 1983 Mercury 4 cyl 50 HP motor with power tilt/trim for sale. Runs like a well oiled singer sewing machine. Fresh water I believe its entire low-time life (Okeechobee, FL). Factory stickers still present everywhere. Dry docked consistently - lower unit extremely clean - drained grease and perfectly clean - replaced with fresh. Starts right up - charging system great, water pump great - ready to go. Located in Melbourne, Fl $4000.00 or best offer. Oh and serial number is:6369064
      I know this is a speed cite . but you got caught speeding!! List price..New $3690.00..NADA price TODAY ..Low $480..Ave. $540

Comment

Would you be willing to sell the powerhead only?

Comment

• bh/
          bh/ commented
          Editing a comment
          Jeff; I have a '95 M500 here, x/Tom Cronk,
          fishing motor that I believe is good.
          Sans carbs and l/u . Eastern ON though ....
          If no hurry we can work out shipping the p/h,
          UPS out of NY , or ..???

bhendrick@earthlink.net
          Last edited by bh/; 06-14-2016, 04:39 PM.

looks like a lot of shrink tube - and tape on the "lectrical" - old trigger and stators tend to shed the 30 year old insulation.

Comment

• jooced
          jooced commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope - all factory and in excellent condition. all wiring is perfect - notice color is still present.

Forgot important goodies which go with engine for free. See original post for addendum...

Comment

I have a guy here in Michigan that may want just the motor. Would you be willing to sell separate? If so, what price are you asking?

Comment

Working...
          X