Help my son! Buy duck bills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my son! Buy duck bills.

So most of you know that my oldest had Kawasaki Disease. Since his hospitalization, he has been very passionate about raising awareness for heart disease and fundraising for the American Heart Association. He is presently raising money for the American Heart Association through Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart. He has a large goal this year to raise $1000. He has raised $440 so far. If anyone is interested in supporting this worthy cause, please visit his personal fundraising page! You can donate as little or as much as you would like!

Here is my offer... if you buy a duck bill or mount I will donate half to his page or have you donate. If you would like to buy other parts we can talk.

Thanks for your support!

http://jumphoops2016mwa.kintera.org/ashten
    Last edited by brian; 03-01-2016, 12:55 PM.

Brian,

My son contracted Kawasaki's when he was 5 (he's now 19). Fortunately, he suffered no long term issues as we caught it soon enough. I hope your son has a full recovery with no lasting issues.

One thing we found out is that some doctors think there is a link to carpet cleaning chemicals. In our case, we had rented a carpet cleaner several weeks prior to him getting sick, so we believe that was what did it, but there is still no firm agreement in the medical community on the cause of Kawasaki's. That was certainly a scary time I'd not wish on anyone.

Now, about those duck bills...are they really effective? I just got my boat at the end of last season and have only driven it a couple times. One thing I've noticed is that it gets a lot of water inside. I think it is partly due to the adjustable transom and the fact the back end sits really low in the water when I'm sitting in it awaiting a start. Would a duck bill be effective at dumping that water while running? If so, I'll order one to help your son's goal.
    Last edited by Ram4x4; 03-01-2016, 05:32 AM.
    Dane Lance
    700-P
    CSH/500Mod

Comment

We have excellent health care and caught it in time as well. It was hard on us too reading and knowing the issues from kawasaki's. Ash's heart is fine and he is playing too many sports. He can't imagine life without sports. I think that is why he supports this charity so hard... It might be the pizza party with a limo ride for the top earners too. Lol

On the water in the cockpit. A duck bill will take care of that. Suggestion...put the drain hole on the right side of the cockpit and bang a start, so you don't get water from the first turn.

Comment

Donation made Brian, He is 1/2 way there!
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

No pun intended. You have a big heart. Wish we we able to go to the winter nats to say hello. Have a great season and Ashten says thank you.

Comment

Glad we could help Ashten and a worthy cause! We will miss you at Jesup, see you in Hinton! (Thanks for helping with the boat kit last fall)
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Brian, made my donation and replied back to your email.
              Dane Lance
              700-P
              CSH/500Mod

Comment

Thank you all who have donated.

I am adding two new items.

If you need a 55H PROP SHAFT and you make a donation of $125 to Ashten's goal I will ship a brand new one to your door. Please contact me before donation... I only have one prop shaft left.

If you want APBA, boat numbers or a logo cut in vinyl give me a call I will do these for a donation. I will be at Pell Lake and all IOA races to apply for free or I can ship.

Brian

Comment

Donation made Brian. Best of luck to your son meeting his goal. This topic strikes a nerve for me. My father has heart disease and has had more heart attacks than I can recall. He is doing well now and comes to all the races and loves to work a turn boat.

Comment

• brian
                    brian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lost my dad in his 50's and mom a couple of years ago...if we could only keep them longer. Love your family while you can is all I can offer to most. I wish my dad could have seen me race. Ashten is racing now and I really wish Dad was around to help set up boats...lol

Done Brian, Good Cause,

Comment

Help Ashten! He will wash your boat at the next race. Donate big and make him wash the trailer. He is only $300 shy of his goal! Thank you all that helped.

Comment

Ok I'll take 2 duck bills and mounts, you can donate for me if its easyr.

Credit to you for your help to !

CMH. 61R
                      Short Fuze Racing
                      Team Darneille
                      ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                      IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

• brian
                        brian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pm sent. Thank you.

I would like to get two Duckbills and one mount . how do you want payment????

Comment

• brian
                        brian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pm sent. Just send money to the Ashten link above and the bills will arrive. Thanks in advance.

• hotrodtodd
                        hotrodtodd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Brain, donated to Ashten's fund rasier. Thank you 69-Z

• brian
                        brian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sent PM Thank you! Wife is sending order out today.

I would like to buy 3 Duck Bills and 3 Mounts. Please let me know how to proceed. Thanks.

Comment

• brian
                        brian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you! I sent you a pm.

Thank you to everyone who has donated. Donations for duckbills has now closed so no new orders will be accepted. If you have already placed an order and have not paid yet, please go to Ashten's page and submit your donation and I will send your order out once payment is posted. Thank you again for supporting Ashten and the American Heart Association!

Comment

Working...
                    X