looking for plans for a 15hp evinrude steering bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for plans for a 15hp evinrude steering bar

i am in need of plans or dimensions for a 15hp evinrude outboard steering bar any pics or dimensions would be great let me know

I can sell you a new one for $100.00 with delivery.

Tom

Comment

• brian 59 R
      brian 59 R commented
      Editing a comment
      don't have the money to spend on a new one we are putting it onto a glen L tunnel mite that is going to get raffled off this summer for the tech center i go to school at

Here is a link to photos of BTM OMC steering bar...
    http://www.btmco.com/images/items/1413-b.jpg

Comment

• dwhitford
      dwhitford commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless you're uncommonly handy in your workshop and have plenty of time and access to good aluminum, I suggest you take one of these $100 alternatives and just bolt it on. It's no longer the 1950s when we could buy a chrome-plated Merc steering bar with all the geometry figured out for $15, then maybe bend it a little with a torch to suit us.

• Shane_B
      Shane_B commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, spending $90-100 for folding bars is better than the effort (and potential frustration) fabricating your own bars - especially if you don't have the materiels on hand.

Brian, are you starting to learn how to use your dad's milling machine? If so, let me know. I can draw up some plans for you.
    28-R

Comment

• brian 59 R
      brian 59 R commented
      Editing a comment
      we found a way to rig one up with square stock

Be adventurous, design and build it yourself!

Comment

Racer Rob is selling his slightly used CNC machine for a low price if interested......

Comment

Call billy Simmonds he has one for sale.973-948-5561.

Comment

Remember, there is a metal insert in the steering cable end of the steer bar to keep the aluminum from wearing.

Comment

this is the type of boat we fixed and we are just going to try and rig up the same style of steering bar for it

Comment

Working...
            X