Mercury Mark 20H conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury Mark 20H conversion

We just finished our latest restoration of a real nice engine to start with. Installed new standard pistons and rings, new bearing throughout, new seals and gaskets. Painted the parts that were originally painted. The block appears to be a 20H replacement block (padded), with a sand cast crankcase. The crankshaft and rods were excellent. There was great blue spark thru new Packard 440 wire and Mercury boots. KA7A complete with choke. 16:21 gears were in excellent shape new water pump, impeller, bearings seals, bearing carrier and cone nut on an early multi hole foot. No welds or cracks were found and the engine was test run for 10 minutes with all A OK. The items I see that are not factory, we restored the engine as it was last raced, are the spark advance and throttle wire connection. The mag is locked at 0.245" BTDC. The price is $3800.

David
    Aeroliner Race Boats, LLC
    Last edited by A/B Speedliner; 09-01-2014, 05:01 PM.

Lovely! I wish Doug Reed & I could've done such a pretty job when hurrying to complete our conversions for the rough-water race at Alexandria Bay (in the main shipping channel!) in AUG 1960.

Comment

My first conversion was done in 1959 and since then maybe 30 more. We raced in Alexander Bay in the 1000 Island Marathon in 1965. I was the last boat to finish just before 6PM coming in 5th in AU. The picture in my Avatar is of the boat I used taken two weeks before going up the river, LOL

Comment

Super nice job, Alan!!!

Comment

Working...
        X