Mark 75H for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark 75H for sale

This is on the Wilmington, NC Craigslist today. Check it out. 2mzpw-4452086024@sale.craigslist.org

Here is the link:

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/4452086024.html

Comment

I have a bunch of these motors. Most are mechanically free and intact. Mark 75's, 700's and 850. All from vintage era of Kiekhaefer. I think there is a 200 out there too and some little green Merc that looks to be about a 5 or 10hp. Can't get to it to see for sure. Serious inquiries only. Don't want to part these out. Goes lock stock and barrell.

Comment

Looking at the photos I don't believe that this is a 75HA which is the correct designation. The carbs are not correct which should be KA6A's. The real engine has a fuel pump on the top and bottom attachment points and a fuel distribution block where the middle pump is located on this engine. The top cowl decal is not correct along with the throttle/distributor activation attachment. It appears to be a standard Mark 55-H unit in the pan with a fabricated distributor activation plate. The tag shows 75AH which is not correct. The lower unit tower housing is the older Merc 40-H unit, most likely. Although the Merc literature shows an engine similar to this one it not one of the 26 or so 75HA that were produced. The engine is interesting but don't spend your money expecting to buy a 75HA. A real one goes for really big money, something on the order of $25K and up depending on how complete they are.

Mercury made a Mark 75A as a standard production fishing engine but never a racing engine of this model. What appears to have been done is someone stamped an "H" on the Mercury Mark 75A tag producing something that states 75AH! The actual 75HA tags were machined in the area where the HA was stamped.

Update: Having seen a photo of the complete S/N of the engine it is actually a 1959 Mark 75A Super Marathon Six S/N 1107255. I believe the 75HA S/N range is 1200070 thru 1200094.

Below is a link to photos of a 75HA for reference.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...k-40-H/page106
        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 05-04-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
          Matt Dagostino commented
          Editing a comment
          This man e-mailed me a pic of the original racing mid section and racing foot............i tried to attach it here but i can't do it. The mid section and foot look original! Give me your e-mail Jerry and i will forward his e-mail to me with the pics for fun. Matt

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Matt,
          Would it be possible to get a copy of the photo?

Alan

• Matt Dagostino
          Matt Dagostino commented
          Editing a comment
          Alan..........give me your e-mail address and i can forward the entire e-mail he sent. He seems to be a nice older guy who bought the engine years ago from a widow. I just can't seem to copy the pic and post it here on hydroracer. Ugh

there are a lot of scamers on craigs list. i found two selling class a motorhomes for a very low price. one wanted me to sent her 4800 and she would ship it to me. the value of the un it was about $50.000. read up on scams on the craiglist website. not saying the 75h is a scam.

frank

Comment

Another interesting engine now on E-Bay Interesting tower!! Anyone recognize it? .....History?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTBOARD-RAC...-/181387028200

Hey, I have a set of these.....Wow how prices have changed!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-OUTB...87028200&rt=nc
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 05-04-2014, 04:42 AM.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

I have no issue with this man listing a 'M75AH' for sale
            He quite accurately describes what he has, and the asking price is within reason.
            I have in my shop a M58H, a M58AH and have seen many M25Hs.
            None were ever made by Kiekhaefer, but do exist, and knowing folk know what they are.
            So if he takes a M75A and mounts it on a 55H mid, then is it not a M75AH?
            Brian Hendrick, #66 F
            "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I did not have an issue with the engine either. My comment was to make folks aware of what was actually being offered. It would be sad if someone bought it thinking it was a 75-H.The engine would be fast until it ate up the gears in the lower unit. The Mercury 25-H was never made as a complete engine. I have one of two 25-H lower units known to exist. The engine was never built with the 12 pyramid reads because no racer wanted another new B engine after the 20-H then the conversion which came in short order. The 25-H lower unit was tested with a standard 20-H power head. I can post photos if you would like to see them. They were posted on Boat Racing Facts in my Mercury 40-H thread.

Alan
          Working...
          X