Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merc steel roller reed cage for popper wanted.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc steel roller reed cage for popper wanted.

I am looking for a steel reed cage (needle Bearing type) for a 20 cube popper. This is for a runner. Thanks in advance.

reed cage

Why steel and not brass? Wasn't aware that 20H cages were made of steel, just brass.
    Last edited by ZUL8TR; 01-08-2014, 05:26 PM. Reason: added data
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Not a 20H Part

Pete

The steel cages were made for the Mark 25 which used a similar crank shaft. Some folks like the steel cage which can be made to the same dimensions as the 20H brass one. There are a couple of different brass cages also used on the 20H, one of the better ones was made by Quincy.

David

Comment

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
        Pete

The steel cages were made for the Mark 25 which used a similar crank shaft. Some folks like the steel cage which can be made to the same dimensions as the 20H brass one. There are a couple of different brass cages also used on the 20H, one of the better ones was made by Quincy.

David
        David

Interesting, I guess Mr. K used whatever was available to get the engines out the door. I heard the Mk 25 steel cages used no insert steel races for the rollers they ran directly on the steel cage inner bore surface, must have been hardened.

Pete
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

I have one. Still on the crank, both good. :

Comment

If you want to unload both, let me know. The steel, needle combination was the first generation Mark 25 crankshaft in 1955 only. Anyone who needs 29-24900 bearings for this style setup, I have extras. valdsr@aol.com

Comment

Needles

Val, When you run out I have 250 left
              David

Comment

Parts found. Thanks to all, another popper lives.

Comment

Working...
                X