Fe class questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fe class questions

What kind of mid section and gear case are you all using for the omc 3cylinder and 2 cylinder and possibly the mark75 I am putting together a rig. And not sure what to look for.

I recommend the Bass gearbox. I've been running the same one for six years and the gears are still good. They also make a mid-section which is fitted for a water pump if you want
    Good luck .

john sharp
    8H

Comment

Originally posted by SPW View Post
      I recommend the Bass gearbox. I've been running the same one for six years and the gears are still good. They also make a mid-section which is fitted for a water pump if you want
      Good luck .

john sharp
      8H
      I agree the bass foot is great and you can get one with beefy bearings for the FE class
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

FE help

....you are on the right side of the country to get lots of help if you'll try the FE ranks with us. Get the Bass gear foot and mid section WITH the impellor. It makes cooling the beast a lot easier. We can help you with motor parts and props, or whatever you need to get you going...hydro or runabout.
        Hunter III

Comment

Bass all the way!!!!

Comment

For my money the OMC 45SS is the best gear case to use. I ran one for over 10 years with no trouble. We have won many races set a record. Also won two national championships. I was told that it Was to big. I was never towed in because of a gear case failure. Just my two cents worth.

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

45SS case

Great photo of Rich and Jimmy doing battle. Both are OMC triples using the 45SS gearcase. Bullet proof, and a high volume water pump.

Tim

Comment

Gearcases

I have two complete 45ss gear cases for sale. I bought them for an OMC rig but never got to it. I have not taken them apart. I will sell the pair if someone wants them. Will post photos if anyone would like to see them.

Alan

Comment

Bass stuff......

can't go wrong with the stuff Sid sells.......

new tower upper left and the new gearcase...
                  Attached Files
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I am interested in the gear cases if you could post pics and a price

Comment

45ss - SOmetimes

Originally posted by mr2boats View Post
                      What kind of mid section and gear case are you all using for the omc 3cylinder and 2 cylinder and possibly the mark75 I am putting together a rig. And not sure what to look for.
                      I owned and sold a 45SST geaarcase, and used it under the OMC triple. Without shaping, and modifying this gearcase it could very easily upset your hull and you could go swimming. I found that once speeds reached a certain point the gearcase would lift the rear of the boat and you wouild lose control of all steering. It was bad enough that I never attempted to drive through it and see if that helped. I tried several prop and set up's but it always broke loose. I then took the thing off and reworked it. I removed the lift from the gercase, and extended the skeg. It then worked fairly well under my hull. Remember, the gearcase has a large torpedo on it, so make sure your transom can accomodate this before you buy one. It also requires a special built tower housing if you plan to use the factory installed waterpump on the gearcase. I built my own for less than $300.00. I did notice the gears wore nicely, so there is some truth to the durability of this gearcase under the triple. I sold mine, as it was not as fast as other gearcases with my props. It was cheaper for me to not buy a dozen new props and try to work out a whole new program for the one gearcase.

I have also owned a Bass gearcase for use under the OMC triple. It held up just fine as well. I think it would take less work to adapt the Bass gearcase to your housing than it would the 45, and less work on set up. I m not familiar with the new generation of Bass gearcase/housings but if past quality is any indicator, it is good stuff. And on the bright side, Bass Brothers are a sponsor of kneel down boat races, and boat racing. The OMC is not.....
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Merc six

The photos show a six Merc we built a few years back. We used a brinkman tower modified for the OMC 45ss lower unit. I have two OMC units forsale.

Alan
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 01-13-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

850cc mid & exhaust for sale

850cc racers: New Parker-Kurcz steel 7" Mercury clamp & swivel mod mid section set up for 45SS gearcase and OMC loop triple with OMC Mod-50 cast aluminum exhaust system. Has internal meg with removable side cover to allow quiet operation for hassle free testing. Includes Parker style vernier thrust yoke and steering bar. Does not include gearcase. $1450 plus shipping.

Image is a similar mid section with clamps and 45SS gearcase. Powerhead is a 1/2 Mazda 13B project not completed (too heavy). Correct image to follow.

Tim
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X