Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Kg4-h and who knows what the others are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Kg4-h and who knows what the others are.

I have 4 complete motors that were my father-in-law's from hydroplane racing in the sixties. I am unable to post pics at this time but I can look for #'s if someone tells me where. Two of the motors have tanks, one is green, one is grey. One is clearly marked kg4 and the other is marked kg4-h. The other two motors look identical but do not have tanks and the motors are not marked hurricane like the others. I also have extra carbs, a couple of air guide tacs and speedos, an extra motor in parts, and a couple of boxes of gaskets etc. I want to sell this to people that do race because that's what they are for. My father-in-law raced and had a lot of fun with the sport and suddenly quit when he was injured at work so these were stored when working and all look good and they do have compression. I am excited to learn more about these and will post them for sale when I know what I have.

Unfortunately, the motors that you identified are no longer used in racing. However, they still have value to collectors and "cottage racers". The KG4H is a racing motor that was built by Mercury. The one marked KG4 (if it has the same lower unit that is on the KG4H) is likely a racing motor that was crated by bolting a racing bottom end to a non-racing powerhead. As such it is not worth quite as much as the KG4H. The others can most easily be identified by posting pictures here and asking someone to identify them. An alternative would be to send me your e-mail address via a PM so we can communicate by e-mail which might make it easier to send pics.

Comment

Kg4

I am interested in purchasing the motors, your welcome to call me at 770 294 6154

Thanks
      Herb

Comment

Are the other 2 motors blue??? Could be Champions.

Comment

What's the difference between a KG4 and a KG7?

Comment

A KG-4 would be a 15 c.i. motor. It was the A Class motor years ago.
            A KG-7 would be a 20 c.i. motor. It was the B Class motor years ago.
            Both of the c.i. displacements have been rounded up for a practical answer.
            Last edited by runabout333; 11-11-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Chapy66, you may want to contact my dad who runs the kg7 in the marathon and vintage class. He is under JACK be Quick here on hydroracer.

Comment

KG-4 / 7 contact

so send me a note-I'm interested in all the old Merc's as we race them in Vintage.
                Wain
                waintrotter@hotmail.com

Comment

chappy66 I ran kg4 mod hydro,was national champ in 1989 .who was your fatherinlaw. if he was a champion they might be worth more

Comment

Communication

HEY Chappy,
                    You finished celebrating yet! Got all those motors sold ? I'm waiting for your email , if you want them sold!!!!Regards
                    waintrotter@hotmail.com.

Comment

i should be able to help you out. i still run my 20h at crystal lake, sold my kg4h two years ago. send some pics to my email i can identify them. and steer you in the right direction as far as value. duke7n@gmail .com

Comment

Motors

This guy is clearly not interested in selling or gaining info on his engines so we racers should not continue to react to his post. For myself, not interested in purchase.

Comment

Agree

Yes, if he really wanted to move them, I'd have received an anxious e-mail by now-but nothing! I need all the KG-4 /7's for the Kid's Sea Flea's both here, in in Fl. Merry Christmas to all us old boat racers!!http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/ima...ilies/boat.gif

Comment

Working...
                          X