WTB: Mark 20H popper (VT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Mark 20H popper (VT)

Looking for a Mark 20H popper in good working condition and (hopefully) reasonably priced. I started racing in the 70s with this motor and would like to have one to relive those days.
    Chuck Webster
    Arlington, VT
    cfwebster@yahoo.com

popper

Am preparing one now.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by 3autility View Post
      Looking for a Mark 20H popper in good working condition and (hopefully) reasonably priced. I started racing in the 70s with this motor and would like to have one to relive those days.
      Chuck Webster
      Arlington, VT
      cfwebster@yahoo.com
      Chuck, if you want to restore one, I have pretty much a complete one, but it is ugly and needs restored........would make you a really good deal on it........
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
        it is ugly and needs restored........would make you a really good deal on it........
        Daren, for a minute there I thought you were trying to sell me.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
          Daren, for a minute there I thought you were trying to sell me.
          hahahhahahahahahhaha............
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I might have what you need

Hi there, you may be interested in this, I'll tell you right off it's not a popper! But! I have an original 20H that has been has been in storage since 1973 and has about 2 hours on it, it's still complete with the Mercury factory leaded seal which means the cases have never been split. The motor has been in our family since it has been new, my Grandpa was a Mercury dealer and Ran a Factory sponsored Race Team. He had about 10-20H's, 5-30H's- ?-55H's, and so on, runabouts, hydro's, cab-overs, just about everything, in all classes, there were 4 drivers on the team, including my Grandpa, my Dad and 2 Uncles. The 20H, was given to me by my Grandpa before he passed away about 15 years ago and was kept as a spare for my Dad's "B" Class Hydro, but was never run in a race, remember this back in the late 50's early 60's. I used it for one summer when I was 12 on my Hal Kelly Wet Back Hydro, for as I said earlier for about only 2 hours, then it was flogged with storage oil and put back to rest. Also in storage I have a 30H, it's not a true 30H, but it's got a Quickie lower unit, larger carbs and a factory Quicksilver Propeller, I used to run it instead of the 20H. Both engines, still turn over with great elbow popping compression. Also but in pieces is a 20H that caught fire and was never put back together but I think have all the top end to do so, plus some spare pistons, needle bearing. I also have about 10 Factory Quicksilver "untouched" props, Keller Side and Top Throttle Levers, a bunch of Keller trim spacers, I've got all sorts of stuff. Even though it does mean a whole bunch to me but if I ran it and blew it up, ah crap!. So what I am looking for is a Mercury 25xs, something loud, still somewhat reliable, still can get parts for, that can fit on my Wet Back Hydro and that I can have some fun with. If we can do something together great. If not and we can pass along information to others who can, that would be awesome. Just to let know, e/mail me back and I'll give you my phone if you are interested or if anyone else is interested and see's this on the forum do the same. Thanks a lot, Rod.

Comment

20H popper

That is a great story. I have found a popper. Thanks.

Comment

Bigkahuna - PM sent.
                Cheers, Mike

Comment

25XS on a WEtback?

Originally posted by bigkahuna View Post
                  .................So what I am looking for is a Mercury 25xs, something loud, still somewhat reliable, still can get parts for, that can fit on my Wet Back Hydro and that I can have some fun with. ...................... Rod.
                  Having alot of experience with the Wetback from racing it and a 25xs would be a bit too much speed on that hydro design. I assume it is the 9ft-10in B/C class version not the larger D class version. I ran that hull and did very well in 25ssh and 20ssh with the Merc 25ss and the Y80 yamato in the 1970's and those engines were a decent match for speeds in the 60 to 64 range set up for heat racing (took alot of testing to get setup right). A Mark 30H will also work on that hull. But a good running 25xs on the right hull and setup will easily reach 70+ mph and the Wetback is not the hull for that speed.
                  "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                  No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Dude!!!! C'mon.... TOO MUCH is JUST ENUFF fer crissakes.

Tach it up!!
                    mad russian racing

Comment

I need a powerhead and other parts to complete my popper. PM me if you can help, thanks, Glenn

Comment

Bigkahuna
                        Send you a PM,need phone #.
                        Tom
                        tcronkatampabay.rr.com
                        Last edited by Tom Cronk; 10-06-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Tom, I did not get any message?

Comment

massage

Glenntren
                            PM was for bigkahuna.
                            Tom

Comment

One on E-Bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-Class-Raci...64d246&vxp=mtr
                              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                              X