Aluminum Rub Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Rub Rail

Does anyone know where I can get any of the aluminum rub rail, (1/2" high by 3/16" thick by 12' long)? It is used around the front decks of the older hydros. I need about 48' but I'll settle for at least 12'. Thanks, for any help.

Taco

1/2 aluminum rub rail is available from Taco corp. Most Marine dealers can order it . Kellogg Marine Supply stocks Taco products

Comment

Taco has 3/4" but not 1/2".

Comment

Originally posted by 250 Quincy View Post
        Taco has 3/4" but not 1/2".
        contact Darrell Soresen............I got 1/2" alum rail from him for all my boats, including my old Champion BU...
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

They do make a curved back 1/2" moulding. The Kellogg part number
          is TAC A510102TAL120. This comes in 12' sections.

Comment

Do you have any contact info for Darrell?

Comment

Yes, The TAC A51-0102TAL12D is half oval aluminum edge trim, it's not solid half round rub rail, you have to be very careful when you tighten it down, that's why I want the 1/2" aluminum rub rail.

Comment

Darell

Sent you a pm

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Darrell

your welcome hope you find what your looking for

Todd

Comment

Bought some about 10 years ago special order from west marine. If I remember right it was kind of expensive.

Comment

alum rail

Originally posted by 250 Quincy View Post
                        Does anyone know where I can get any of the aluminum rub rail, (1/2" high by 3/16" thick by 12' long)? It is used around the front decks of the older hydros. I need about 48' but I'll settle for at least 12'. Thanks, for any help.
                        Joe

At home after the Sportsman Club meet this day I measured what 1/2" wide SOLID alum hydro rail I took off the 25ss Karelsen. I have these pieces:

2 @ 61.5" straight that were rear chine pieces, transom part is bent at 90 degrees and is about 2.5" long.

2 @ 61.5" for the pickles with mild curve, they are bent at 90 degrees x 1.5" at the rear sponson end, and bent over the rounded front pickle with about
                        10" wrap back toward the rear.

Total length 20'-6" if welded, ground and polished.

Are these useable for you?

Let me know and we will coordinate a meet day and time.

Pete
                        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
                        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Brunner Enterprises at dbrunner@brunnerent.com advertises 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch marine aluminum rub rail. The 1/2" is 1/8" thick...

Comment

That will work for the Marchetti, Pete. I'll have to get some more for the other 2 boats. We'll hook in the next couple of weeks. Thanks, Joe.

Comment

West Marine has both. It's where I got ours for our restorations. Good product.

Comment

Working...
                              X