WTB: Formula E Runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Formula E Runabout

Looking for a runabout to hang an FE motor on...

Whatcha Got ?
    93-C

Hey Jeff

thought 1100-0ne on here had a Krier Pro boat that may work for ya, Todd what do you think . heck its even in the same state as you.

Pete
    Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Akers View Post
        Looking for a runabout to hang an FE motor on...

Whatcha Got ?
        Why not build your own. I have a set of Luce drawings you can use.. I have a FER Luce that Iam building for Sutfin/Drew79c. One of these days we will finish it
        bill b

Comment

Runabout

Pete - Thanks for thinking of my boat for Jeff for FER. The boat would work but the bottoms are more narrow for Pro than what they run I believe. Jeff did send me a pm and I replied to him. I remember they used to be 30 plus inches when they built a FER new not sure as I have not run FER as it was called then for many years.
          I ran a Pro Desilva boat for years in FER so what do I know lol. And your correct its in the same state and ready to run

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
            Why not build your own. I have a set of Luce drawings you can use.. I have a FER Luce that Iam building for Sutfin/Drew79c. One of these days we will finish it
            Thanks Bill... I may have to do that but, my shop space is full of custom surfboard orders and repair jobs for the foreseeable future.
            I don't think I have the time to build one before next season, and that's the time frame I'm lookin' at.

So, we will see what I can afford -vs-time/space
            93-C

Comment

Depends on Engine

Originally posted by 1100-one View Post
              Pete - Thanks for thinking of my boat for Jeff for FER. The boat would work but the bottoms are more narrow for Pro than what they run I believe. Jeff did send me a pm and I replied to him. I remember they used to be 30 plus inches when they built a FER new not sure as I have not run FER as it was called then for many years.
              I ran a Pro Desilva boat for years in FER so what do I know lol. And your correct its in the same state and ready to run

Todd
              Jeff,

Todd is right, if you plan to run your 3 holer, it most likely won't be the ride you hope for. If you plan to hang a 6 Cyl Merc on it, she will scream and be the right boat.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                Jeff,

Todd is right, if you plan to run your 3 holer, it most likely won't be the ride you hope for. If you plan to hang a 6 Cyl Merc on it, she will scream and be the right boat.
                Thanks Dave...
                I assume you mean the 3 cyl's torque and the narrower bottom of the pro boat = bad handling
                93-C

Comment

Jeff, I sent you a pm

Comment

Boat

Jeff,
                    I had the pleasure of running Mike Lopez's 3 cly on an 1100r Desilva with a 22" bottom. They are a handful but can be done and Mikes motor was no slouch believe me. I dont remember the exact reason any longer why they went to a wider bottom but I know Klemm, Lopez, Allen Sutfin and Al Abby had 3 cly and they had a wider bottom 35" maybe on a Sorenson boat back then I believe.

Todd

Just get a konny, Rossi, VRP hang on and go give them heck I'll watch lol!!!

Comment

wtb E. Runabout

Hay jeff give me a call when you get a min. 209-390-3549 Thanks Garland.

Comment

I still have the boat you ran at min den Been in side every sense
                        Lonnie Morris

Comment

Thanks

Thanks all who replied to my posting...

There has been a deal made and with any luck,next season Region 11 will have another FER on the water!

Donation to hydroracer.net coming soon for the add space and always promoting the sport.

Cheers,

Jeff
                          93-C

Comment

FER 850ccMR

Hey Jeff

Always good to see a mod runabout class grow.

Now does this mean you're starting the Moses Lake roll call for 850MR ?

Best of luck

Pete
                            Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Thanks Pete,
                              I wish !

Love racing up north...

Jeff
                              93-C

Comment

Working...
                              X