New GRM Gear Case Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GRM Gear Case Adapter

I sold my Yamato 250cc PRO motor and then found this aluminum adapter plate left over in one of my spare parts boxes. The adapter plate converts the Yamato tower bolt pattern to a GRM bolt pattern for PRO motor towers. The Machined Components GRM gear case adapter plate is in new condition - it never has been used (see picture.) Price is $150 plus USPS shipping costs to your door. As usual, Lee's CNC machine work on this part makes it a high quality product.

Tietze polished-aluminum hand throttle for sale - $35 plus shipping. Very nice condition.

More Yamato 250cc PRO motor spare parts found:
    I have all of the parts to completely rebuild a Yamato PRO vertical split gear case (new OEM bearings, seals, and shims for the pinion and prop shafts plus extra case fasteners, etc.) priced at $375 plus shipping ($475 worth of parts about two to three years ago.)
    I also have one set of new, Yamato PRO 14:16 ratio spiral gears (both press-on) priced at $150 plus shipping.
    One Yamato OEM factory magneto special tool puller with spare used OEM rotor unit and a new crankshaft key priced at $60 for the set plus shipping.
    Two new SKF 6305 2RSJEM crankshaft bearings in original packaging and four new SKF 25x38x7mm crankcase seals priced at $80 plus shipping for the six 250cc crankcase rebuild items.
    New items added on Aug 25th:
    Nine new carbon fiber reeds for Yamato reed-block motors [note; they will also fit many 125-250 1980's Japanese 2-stroke motorcycles and some kart motors] priced at $40 plus shipping (less than half the cost I paid for them new from my local Kawasaki dealer about four years ago!).

Make me a reasonable offer for all of of the hardware listed above; if you want a better final price on these left over PRO parts we can work out a "package" price.

I ship normally USPS, unless you want a more expensive delivery carrier. A USPS money order is my preferred payment method. Orders ship within 24 hours of USPS money order payment receipt by me on normal banking days (Mon.-Fri.). No PAYPAL transactions, please.

Al
    Cell: (206) 406-4996
    Email: team_excalibur@hotmail.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Al Peffley; 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM. Reason: Added reeds for sale on Aug 25th

More PRO hardware for sale

Bump, bump.

Al

Comment

Could you tell me what the oem ignition was used for ? Was it used for a pro racing yamato? Chick

Comment

Answer to Ignition Equipment Question

The ignition system's cylindrical-shaped rotor and magneto puller tool were for a 1989 Yamato 250cc PRO motor that I sold recently to a racer friend in Region 10. The rotor is keyed and presses onto the top end of the crankshaft. There are no points in the system. The stator ring (if I have my nomenclature correct for the corresponding ignition system part) mounts to a timing base plate on the top of the powerhead. The OEM magneto system for the Yamato 250cc PRO motors was the Motoplat ignition system (I believe the Motoplat parts were manufactured in Europe.) I have a complete set of spare Motoplat magneto system components with an OEM coil mounting plate. The two-wire spare coil I have in this spare parts set tested as defective. The motor I sold had a newer, replacement Motoplat system installed on it with a custom coil mounting plate.

Does that answer your question clearly? I can post a picture of the three ignition system parts I have for sale in the thread if that helps you to identify the parts better.

Al

Comment

thanks al. i guess that will not work for my motor i have a 4 cylinder yamato that needs a good ignition .chick

Comment

Moving Back Up

Bump, bump.

New total package deal option...

Al

Comment

al .got thinking,maybe you do have some ignition coils that will work for me.
              i am looking for double outlet yamato coils used on 250 and also 4 cylinder motors . they are origional coils that came with motors . the coils are red in color. do not know if that is what you have. if not maybe someone else might have these coils. also looking for motoplak tac . chick

Comment

Yamato Replacement Coils

The only spare coil I have tested as being bad (it probably has a broken internal wire and the coil has no access means because it is totally encapsulated in a red cast-resin case).

I have a note in my Boat Racing Notebook about a motorcycle supplier out of the California Bay Area (Oakland?) called K&L that was a hardware source of replacement coils for Motoplat ignition systems. You will need to tell them the ohms, amperage, and wire lengths you need to order a replacement coil from them. I learned about these replacement coils through Rick Whiteacre many years ago. You might Google K&L to see if they are still in business and have a e-commerce website. I don't know of any other coil options.

Al

Comment

o.k. al thanks for info chick

Comment

Chick. I know of an all original RB-3 in this neck of the woods that can be bought. Sorry to barge in Al...DD

Comment

Coil

Al- You are correct as Rick told me of the coils as well. Thats a name you dont here much of but I do keep in touch with him via Facebook lol.

Mr LaRose aka Chick are you looking for one that are on our 500 yamato??
                      If so send me a note or give me a call

Todd

Comment

hi todd lost you e mail drop me a line o.k. chick

Comment

Originally posted by chicks View Post
                          hi todd lost you e mail drop me a line o.k. chick
                          Will call or send you or Neil info via Face book

Todd

Comment

More Spare Parts Found

Adding new reeds for sale. Bump!

Al

Comment

Make me a Reasonable Offer for these leftover parts

Bumping up again...

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X