WTB: 25ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 25ss

I need a 25ss to simulate the performance of a Hot Rod. It doesnt need to be mint. But would like a strong running engine.
    Thanks

25ss

What vintage: early deflector callede 25ss, mid looper on early tower (25xs)or late looper on short tower 25xs)?
    Last edited by ZUL8TR; 06-30-2013, 12:10 PM.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Im interested in any powerhead on early style tower.
      I want a motor that will simply clamp onto my BSR so i can go to the lake and practice, the 25ss seems to fit my needs, similar speeds and the propshafts are the same, correct? And it should just clamp onto my BSR without any severe modifications(?)

Comment

25ss

Originally posted by Apachemax View Post
        I need a 25ss to simulate the performance of a Hot Rod. It doesnt need to be mint. But would like a strong running engine.
        Thanks
        There was one very recent on eBay by "smirnoff"

Comment

25ss

Originally posted by Apachemax View Post
          Im interested in any powerhead on early style tower.
          I want a motor that will simply clamp onto my BSR so i can go to the lake and practice, the 25ss seems to fit my needs, similar speeds and the propshafts are the same, correct? And it should just clamp onto my BSR without any severe modifications(?)
          Propshaft diameter the same at 9/16" but the looper is much faster than the early deflector
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
            Propshaft diameter the same at 9/16" but the looper is much faster than the early deflector
            What would be the price difference on the two? Whatever gets me in the ballpark of 55mph.

Comment

25ss

I have a 25ss early deflector on a Karelsen pickle hydro 1982 vintage and it runs in the 60 - 63 range a runabout would be several mph slower. Total operational weight with me (170) is about 370 lbs. I have seen these early 25ss engines in the $1000-1200 range but some higher. The later looper 25xs will get you in the high 60's to low 70's and sell for the $1500 area or greater that I have seen. If you get the looper 25xs make sure it has the later lighter flywheel, the first ones had a heavy flywheel and were dangerous in a turn. All costs are condition dependent and as always caveat emptor.
              Last edited by ZUL8TR; 06-30-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

In the 70's i thought the 25 and B were pretty well interchangable. Same boat, same prop, same setup. I didn't think the B was much faster but it had better acceleration. The B did tend to make my Racecraft quack-quack want to toss drivers out but was manageable if I was forcefull enough.

I won with both.

John

Comment

Working...
                X