• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 25xs gearcase

looking for a 25 xs gearcase complete
    paul 905 775 9568

25ss lower unit housing

Look on ebay. I think the MK30H and 25ss are probably the same. Are the 25ss and 25xs the same?

Comment

case

25 SS is like the 20-H while the 25 XS is like the 44 XS with the swept back look.

Alan

Comment

gear case

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
        25 SS is like the 20-H while the 25 XS is like the 44 XS with the swept back look.

Alan
        Alan

Except the 25ss has a different drive shaft length as the 20H as well as a different top bearing, seal and pilot bushing. According to part numbers the 25ss bearing and seal same as 25xs and 30h.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

25SS foot

I agree on the foot innards for the 25SS. Have two engines and three spare gear cases.

Alan

Comment

25ss foot

Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
            I agree on the foot innards for the 25SS. Have two engines and three spare gear cases.

Alan
            Alan

The prop shaft uses the CR 5522 in the water pump cartridge and the outer cone bearing carrier and is the standard seal without any spring. There is a CR5523 that has same dimensions plus the lip is spring loaded and the rubber is nitrile carboxilated, the CR 5522 is just nitrile that has lower wear resistence. The 5523 is 3x higher rpm rated and can hold back >3x pressure difference.

What do think about using the 5523 in these gear cases?

Pete
            "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
            No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
            X