Yamato pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato pistons

Looking for set of Yamato 80 oversize pistons and rings.
    Thanx, Mark

Something that might work for you

I have several genuine factory Yamato 80 pistons that are unfinished. By that I mean they do not have ring grooves cut in them or are they finished to the final stock diameter for a stock bore. I do not remember the diameter but I can measure them as they are. I seem to remember they could be turned at least .030 oversize.

These would have to be finish turned to the diameter you want and ring grooves and retaining pins for the rings installed. The wrist pin hole is located and finish bored to the standard wrist pin size. If you have a machinist or are capable of doing the work yourself, this might be an option for you.

These pistons were secured from the Yamato factory in the early 80's by Tom Ige the Yamato distributor at the time. He and I both used them in our RB engines and they were furnished without ring grooves and turned to final size (stock bore) by Harry Pasturczak as we wanted to use "L" rings instead of the standard rings that the stock 80 used.

I would like to get rid of all of them. I think I have 5 left. If interested PM me a REASONABLE offer as these are unique pistons and I know of no more furnished or available like these. I also have 2 sleeves with no ports in them manufactured by LA Sleeve.

Comment

Working...
    X