No announcement yet.

SRP Announces New Kevlar Racing Boots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRP Announces New Kevlar Racing Boots!

SRP Announces New Kevlar Racing Boots

KENT, WA: Security Race Products announced their newest product today, a leather racing boot with an interior Kevlar liner. These premium quality black boots sell for $175.

“SRP has been the leader in pioneering new designs and materials in cut resistant suits for boat racing. We have been looking for the ultimate solution for foot protection for the non-restrained driver, and we have found it in these boots,” said Al LaPointe, Security Race Products founder. “This boot offers outstanding protection and durability, and is priced reasonably so every boat racer can have safe, affordable protection for their feet.”

These boots feature a black, water-resistant grain buffalo leather upper, a soft cambrelle lining and a polyurethane/rubber outsole. The vamp, quarter and tongue include a full Kevlar lining. Up front, there’s a steel made toe cap, varnished by epoxy resin, impact resistant to 200 Joules.

Despite its rugged construction, the boot comes in surprisingly light and flexible: a pair of these tips the scales at under 4 pounds.

Made in Italy, the boots are sized to European specifications, and are available in the following MEN’S US sizes: 6-1/2, 7-1/2, 8-1/2, 9-1/2, 10-1/2, 11-1/2, 12-1/2 and 14. To assure best fit, send us a measurement of your foot length from toe to heel.

To order, contact Security Race Products at 253 850-6405, or email patrick@securityrace.com

###
    Attached Files
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Great news

Thank you Pat and SRP. Everyone should have these within a season or two. If you think your Velcro shoes from Walmart will do anything when put up against a propeller to your foot you are sadly mistaken.
    Ill be ordering soon
    -Johnny
    Johnny Wlodarski III
    24J

Comment

Gloves

Waiting for the next great racing glove!

The boots look great, this PPE is way more effective than any cockpit side or pickle rule in my opinion

Comment

Hey, I just ordered a new SPR life jacket, do I get a discount coupon for the boots?

Comment

I may have to get me a set if I can get the right size..Looks like they would work for flyfishing too..Dual purpose
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

How hevay when full of water. Nice boots could wear them to work.

Comment

Originally posted by dan69fd View Post
              How hevay when full of water. Nice boots could wear them to work.
              Dan,

That's a difficult question to answer, and it's going to depend upon several variables, including, but not limited to how snugly the boot fits your foot, what kind of socks you wear with the boot, how much time you spend in the water, and more.

The concept of wearing workboot-style footwear is not new to outboard racing. Billy Allen and others have been doing this for years. The advantage to this particular boot is the Kevlar lining.

Another advantage to a boot like this is that it will not interfere with the flotation of your lifejacket. A number of racers (myself included) have worn either their old running/training shoes, or neoprene wetsuit booties for racing. Aside from the lack of cut protection, the other issue with a shoe like that is that shoes made of foam and air will float really well in the water, and if you're floating after a flip, you want the LIFEJACKET to do the floating for you...not two little flotation devices strapped to your feet.

Solid footwear in the water acts like a keel on a sailboat, and can assist the ability of the lifejacket to do what it is intended to do...keep your head out of the water. Think about it.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

I agree that foot protection is good just wondering how much water they soak up. I have been in the water with my steel toe work boots. They a bit heavier. I went out the boat hard in wilson n.c. Two years ago with wet suit booties on and after it was over i had socks on. But they did float and i got them back lol.

Comment

Thank you!

The response by racers to these new boots has exceeded our expectations. Over a half dozen pairs have been ordered in just a very short span of time.

I took a pair to the Seattle Outboard Meeting last Tuesday for people to see. Somebody across the room said, "those look really heavy!" I took the boot in my hand and lobbed it across the room, saying, "tell me how heavy you think it is!" Those who saw the boot and held it in their hand were amazed at their light weight for the amount of protection they offer.

Thank you ALL for your support!

Have you looked at YOUR racing footwear lately?

R-19
                  www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Working...
                  X