Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRP Announces the Return of Tuff-n-Lite Cut Suits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRP Announces the Return of Tuff-n-Lite Cut Suits!

KENT WA: Security Race Products is proud to announce the return of TUFF N LITE CUT SUITS to its product lineup.

After several years of being unavailable to obtain Tuff N Lite Material, the manufacturers have come an agreement with SRP to continue to supply us with the material on an ongoing basis.

SRP sold its last Tuff n Lite Cut suit over two years ago, and has had numerous requests to carry the popular, state-of-the-art material again. Its strength, light weight and flexibility has made SRP Tuff-n-Lite Cut suits the most comfortable cut suit available for outboard racers.

Pricing for the two piece cut suit is $375 for a Cut Sleeve Jacket; and $400 for the Cut Pants in basic colors (orange, Yellow, Red, Royal Blue and Black). Other colors can be available for a slightly higher cost. Custom striping can also be added for an extra fee to make your suit look one-of-a-kind.

SRP is taking orders now, and expects the suits to be available in May 2013.

SRP still offers its highly popular and lower priced Kevlar Steel Cut Suits which are available and shipping now.

For more information, call Security Race Products at 253 850-6405, or email patrick@securityrace.com.

###
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Z- Cut

Are they available in the 'comfortable' Z-Cut style??.......

Comment

I just got off from the phone with the people from TUFF N LITE and asked them what they use to cut this material with, and they told me, like the kevlar material you need special cutting tools to shear this material! regular scissors will NOT work!

Comment

Cutting Tuff n Lite

Originally posted by john527 View Post
        I just got off from the phone with the people from TUFF N LITE and asked them what they use to cut this material with, and they told me, like the kevlar material you need special cutting tools to shear this material! regular scissors will NOT work!
        John, I'm not sure who you talked with there, but let me tell you what we learned about cutting Tuff n Lite while manufacturing this product.

We had difficulties manufacturing this product at the outset because unlike Kevlar, we could not cut the material out with a rotary cutter. We sent the material to the manufacturer of our industrial cutters and they had nothing that could cut a clean edge with the material. We even pursued water jet to attempt to cut it with...what a mess.

Finally, I took a swatch of the material to our local outfit in the area we buy some of our industrial sewing equipment from, and asked them to find me something...anything...that could cut the material. After several attempts, we ended up with a pair of 10" stainless steel sewing scissors. If memory serves me correct, they ran us about $80.

At our shop, we keep these scissors stored separately from our regular day-to-day scissors and cutters to preserve their use exclusively for Tuff n Lite. We get them sharpened as needed.

So, I guess the real factor here is what your own definition of "regular scissors" is. Can you cut this material with Wal-Mart Scissors, or rounded-tip safety scissors? Probably not. But my guess is that something like what is pictured at the top of this thread would work fine. Several years ago, the APBA Safety Committee was made aware of something called a "Spiderco knife" by on of our rescue people. These are apparently industry standard, and it is my understanding that most EMTs and Paramedics carry these in the field.

Thank you for the interest in our product!

Patrick Gleason
        R-19
        SECURITY RACE PRODUCTS Factory rep
        Last edited by sponsonhead; 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM.
        www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Patrick,
          Did you ever try cutting with lasers?
          Where I work I use lasers for cutting many different materials for the aerospace industry, many exotic cloth materials, with very nice results. not to mention the speed of cutting.
          If you would like to send me some scrap pieces I will show you how nice and clean these machines cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
            Are they available in the 'comfortable' Z-Cut style??.......
            Regrettably, no: SRP discontinued the Z-Cuts several years ago because they were just too labor-intensive to manufacture, and not very many people ordered them. It just didn't make sense as a business to continue offering them.

They had a very loyal following of those who tried them. I had a pair myself and found them very comfortable.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

SPR EZ fit

I just got my SRP EZ fit lifejacket in the mail today, Very nice, very well made and very lite!
              Thanks Pat!!

Comment

I own the Z cut pants and they are the way to go! Sorry to hear your not making them anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X